Discuss Cheeky 17th edition question in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kermit1000

I've seen some people's big red book with lots of post-it notes on the pages. Could someone advise me on the best place to put these bookmarks to help me navigate my book super-quick for the exam.

Simple as that, thanks. I was curious as to weather there was a sneaky system making the exam easier.

Simple as that, thanks. I was curious as to weather there was a sneaky system making the exam easier.

dont use them myself, you just end up with loads of tabs

Ok, heres the gen:-

if any question asks where something should be fitted (ie, RCD for protection against fire etc etc) and one of the answers is 'at the origin of the circuit" or "as close as precticable to the origin of the circuit" - then that is the answer REGARDLESS of what the question is

If you recieve any question (and you will) on basic protection and fault protection, forget trawling through Part 4, turn straight to page 340 (i think) which is the 'schedule of inspections', the tick boxes there will tell you exactly what is basic, what is fault, and what is both.

know page 3 well, and remember to use your defenitions, you can answer many questions just by using them.

If you get any question that needs you to use a formula, turn to 'symbols' at the end of defenitions - if you wanted the adiabatic formula for example, look at 'S' on symbols, and it tells you the reg number of where the formula is

Remember you have to get a minimum of 33% in any of the 8 sections of the exam. Had a lad fail last week - he done great in sections 1-7, about 80-90% in each, then the exam timed out, and he did not answer any of the three section 8 questions, so get 0% for that bit and failed.

NO question is worth more than 5 mins - if you havent answered it within 5 mins, guess and move on

remember pages 47-52. These are your disconnection times, Zs tables, max EFLI for RCD's etc etc - always worth about 5 or 6 questions there

Make sure you read the question - take a note of things like max measured value of Zs as opposed to max tabulated value - its easy to 'miss' that and get the answer wrong

good luck:p

Thank you very much for the comprehensive answer. I've my last day of training tomorrow followed by my exam :eek:. I've shared your info with my collegue.
Thanks again, I'll let you know how I do. :)

Thank you very much for the comprehensive answer. I've my last day of training tomorrow followed by my exam :eek:. I've shared your info with my collegue.
Thanks again, I'll let you know how I do. :)

another tip as i took mine yesterday and it was quite difficult took me nearly all 2 hours is this

go through all the questions and answer what you know without having to consult book

flag what you are unsure of

then review when you get to number 60 dont press continue until completely done or youve finished

hope this helps and entirely up to you how you approach it .

cheers

Reply to Cheeky 17th edition question in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock