Discuss Chint MCBs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cookie

-
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

What do others think of these MCBs? Are they real? I'm seeing them on Amazon at questionably low prices.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

ipf

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just another example of why the electrical installation and maintenance trade, at ground level, is going down the pan.
The game is flooded with sub standard goods, of all types. Loads of cheap shyte.

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ah yes the untrippable circuit breaker , seen a few of these devices on YouTube and even on watch dog. They all are made exactly the same way with a piece of wire or bunch of twisted wires acting as the switch contact.
when you are paying £1.50 for an mcb what do honestly expect

pc1966

Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I had pondered once on how hard would be to build a circuit with a big ~1R resistor and chunky triac that could sink around 230A for a single 20ms cycle of the mains to test MCBs magnetic trips.

But then I realised it would cost me more in time & money than just replacing any suspect MCBs for all the time I ever do it!

Soi disant

Esteemed
Reaction score

Reply to Chint MCBs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.