Discuss chippy fire in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

So there I was just about to have dinner when the phone rang,it was one of the lads on holiday in spain,his chippy had caught fire and all the power was off,the place was in a mess and they couldn,t get the shutter down so would I go round and sort it.I got there and it was mayhem,oil and water everywhere,I disconnected the roller shutter feed and pulled it back through the wall,fitted a 13A plug to it to drop the shutter,then somebody mentioned the freezers in an outbuilding needed power.Well talk about rough,there's a lump of 1.5 flex from an fcu through the wall,along the grass,under the door into the shed,I was in the process of disconnecting it from the fcu when this bloke appeared,something to do with one of the staff I think,anyway he looks at the fcu and says "bloody hell that's rough,shouldn't it be on a plug",he thought running a flex down a path through a load of rubbish as a permanent feed to the freezers was fine,but it being connected to an fcu was rough!some people have no idea.

Reply to chippy fire in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, new poster looking for some help. Our roller shutter keyswitch at work needs replacement, and I'm sick of having to insert key, turn...
Replies
Views
Now there's a requirement for a Fire detection in all bedrooms as well as hallways Lounge and Kitchens can the detectors be wired from the...
Replies
Views
I'm about to start first fixing this fire alarm in the industrial unit we are wiring, at the moment its totally empty and eventually will have a...
Replies
Views
Folks, Is there any hard or fast rule on what should be on a plug/fused outlet. I am aware portable equipment - plug 😂. I recently did a PAT and...
Replies
Views
A silly fault in a circuit only 4m long is currently eluding me! This is ECIR remedials of a landlords supply in a block of flats. Circuit 2 =...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock