Discuss clarification of what i need to do in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cunny

I hope some of you can help, I have some work that I have been offered and just want to clarify what i need to do, The home owner I am working for has been left in a rather situation, The main contrator on his renovation has gone bust and the subcontractors will not come back and do any work (they did not get paid for what they had aready done. you cannot blame them)

There are two senarios that i would like a bit of advice on,

The first one is the house had been partly developed and some curcuits have been installed onto a 16th edition board that in my view is only installed on a tempory supply. This work was started 18 moths ago and now more curcuits need adding, My thinking and understanding, and also the easyist option would to put a dual RCD board in follwo current regs, I will have to fully inspect the original curcuits there is a notice on the board that they have been inspected, but the home owner has never recieved a certificate. as i do not have my 2391 yet am i in a grey area?

the second part is that the extension on there other proerty had been completed and inspected but never notified, so Now does that need the CU bringing upto current regs? again this was completed under the 16th edition, or would it be less hassle to install a small CU and Just put the new curcuits from the extension on that cu (lights, sockets and shower), would this need to be signed off under 2391 or if i go for the option of a small CU then i would be become responceable for this part of the install and notify under DM Scheme?

Thanks for your help in advance

Andy:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
you seem very confused so i will answer very simply that the work that you described all needs to be signed off by a competent electrician and notified to local building control either directly by the electrician or via your electricians part p provider elecsa napit niceic

If you swap the consumer unit for a 17th edition board then you will have to test each circuit anyway, and you will only be certifying that you swapped the board and tested the circuits, not that you installed them. No 2391 necessary unless you have been asked to do a periodic inspection and test.

Reply to clarification of what i need to do in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net