Discuss Colour Blindness in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bazfalty

At the minute I'm a sparky's mate and in the next few months going to go on a few courses. I've just seen a course where they do a colour blind test before you start. I am colour blind I think it's called red/green (dont know why as I know what red and green is :)) but it's never effected me in any jobs I have done. Can anyone see any problems in later stages if I am colour blind. :confused::confused:

Just some shades of green and red when there together. So as earth is green and yellow now and the red that is used in old cabling is quite distinct I personally cant see a problem just wondered if you have to do any test to be NICEIC reg or you have to do any test on any courses you have been on.

How do you think you would get on with say a 4 or 6 inch trunking full of different coloured wires, or bundles of different coloured wires ? Would this be a problem ?

Hi,
Im not sure what exactly you are planning, but as an apprentice with JTL, they are very strict with this colour blindness test. Being colour blind would really affect you in electrical i would think. Not sure how you would cope!
Sorry for bee doubtful.
Hope you do well and get where you need.
Dan

How do you think you would get on with say a 4 or 6 inch trunking full of different coloured wires, or bundles of different coloured wires ? Would this be a problem ?

No because all the colours I've seen so far have just been 1 main shade of each colour and i can tell them apart. from what i can tell you dont get a full spectrum of shades of each colour they are all pretty distintive.

in older installations you will come across green and red together so i dunno but good luck with it

Reply to Colour Blindness in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock