Discuss commercial installation in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

marc.g

Would benefit from a little advice!! I am installing a single phase split load rcd consumer unit into a hair salon can anyone tell if sockets are not allowed to be installed on rcd side to avoid nusiance tripping.

Where would the nusiance tripping occur from? If the sockets are used for hair dryers etc and your worried about them getting into contact with wash basins, then I'd personally put them on an rcd

The first thing to be connected via an rcd should be sockets. Think about it, LScotty has a good point, sinks + hair dryers = recipe for possible disaster :eek:

Another option would to be to use radials on rcbo's and split the salon into separate circuits, and thus keep any effects of nuisance or fault tripping to a min whilst allowing trade to continue.

I agree with x , did a saloon a few years back and used RCBO's to stop potential downtime, and now the 17th says you have to RCD protect sockets anyway

I think to cover yourself as far as EAWR you'd be better off installing RCBO's

previous versions of the regulations required RCD's to be installed on circuits whih=ch could reasonably be expected to supply portable equipment for use outside of the equipotential zone or just simply outdoors. I don't think the salon would fall under this category.

to current regulations you don't have to RCD protect all sockets or wiring, if the wiring is enclosed in earthed metal conduit then it will comply. although - i don't think this would apply to the salon :)

Reply to commercial installation in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Cant get my head round this :( I understand N-E faults cause RCD's to trip, but I cant understand why on these 2 occasions, googled allover but...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone could help me with something that has been niggling me please?! When a Solar PV feed in circuit is installed...
Replies
Views
Hello Need to replace a distribution board in the next few weeks to allow for more circuits to be installed in January. Existing is a TT system...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock