Discuss Commercial Kitchen 1Ph DB in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Strima

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a commercial kitchen single phase DB?

Small pub kitchen and no space, two fryers in the same room and lots of lovely greasy pub food being knocked up so I'm looking for a DB or options that offer some grease/fat resistance.

Or a standard DB in an enclosure?

IMG_1352.jpeg

Any recommendations for a commercial kitchen single phase DB?

Small pub kitchen and no space, two fryers in the same room and lots of lovely greasy pub food being knocked up so I'm looking for a DB or options that offer some grease/fat resistance.

Or a standard DB in an enclosure?

View attachment 63349
Relocating away from the external influences not an option? Any chance of a wider shot

I have fitted a few of these in external enclosures however its rating is lost if the plastic lift up cover is not snapped shut which you can guarantee will happen if something trips.
That's definitely an option. Three of the ways on the original board are for lighting, all three lights. A couple of socket circuits, cooker and a fan. I can do away with the cooker and fan circuits as there's a TPN board in the next room running those.

I did look at extending to the TPN board and using that but the only cable route is rammed with circuits for the oven and fryers etc. This board only does sockets and lighting so potentially I can cut it right down.

Two hopes, make that three, Bob, None and envel...

Usual landlord prices...
Just strongly advise it be moved otherwise it'll fail in use due to the external influence, move it once pay once, don't move them pay again in short order when it gets full of grime and rubbish.

Just strongly advise it be moved otherwise it'll fail in use due to the external influence, move it once pay once, don't move them pay again in short order when it gets full of grime and rubbish.
Landlords have short term views. You can only push so much.

That's definitely an option. Three of the ways on the original board are for lighting, all three lights. A couple of socket circuits, cooker and a fan. I can do away with the cooker and fan circuits as there's a TPN board in the next room running those.

I did look at extending to the TPN board and using that but the only cable route is rammed with circuits for the oven and fryers etc. This board only does sockets and lighting so potentially I can cut it right down.

Bit spendy, but Hager do a 10 way IP55 CU if you could cut back that far.

And I've just realised that's what @westward10 had linked ?‍♂️

Reply to Commercial Kitchen 1Ph DB in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net