Discuss commercial meter tails in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
bit of reassurance on coding
I have 3 phase 3x150a (checked with supplier) incomer feeding meter in 50mm tails- 5omm tails to 3x blocks from meter
from each block tails to various isolators all not exceeding 1m in the same cupboard, the highest fused isolator at 60a being fed with 16mm and other various isolators around 32a -60a
anyway Im judging between c3 or c2 as the demand can't exceed 60a just after your thoughts

As long as the tails are suitably sized for each switched fuse and the service connector blocks are rated at 150A or more (which I'm guessing they are if 50mm fits in them) then there no issues with current rating.

Please note my post No.4 It is basically the same principle as connecting onto bus-bars from switched fuses.

Attachments

• CONNECTING TO BUS BARS.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
thanks for replies yes 200a blocks checked
the reason I was wanting to code was the fact that someone may replace a fuse in one of the iso for +80 and then we have an issue
which is quite possible as I found a fuse wire in a sub board had been replaced for a bit of 2.5

Reply to commercial meter tails in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views
Hi all -- full disclosure I am a 'DIY-er' but wanted to post here for greater visibility seeing as I certainly won't be doing this work myself...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A diversity question concerning 2 consumer units fed from 100amp DNO supply Background, So I have an 18th Ed compliant consumer...
Replies
Views
Hello All, new to the forum. Would be grateful for advice on whether the following proposal is an acceptable solution or open to any suggestions...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock