Discuss Commercial vehicle break down cover in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

green flag. but check that it covers business use.nmine did, but they racked the price up when the van became 16 years old.

probably. green flag doubled the renewal when van became 16 years old.

Green flag did the same to me, I was not amused! I don't currently have any on mine but I do most of my own work and repairs to it so I know most of the time what is going to break and sort it before it does. I always have someone who can recover me even if it's not immediately, and last time I called out green flag it took them 5 hours to recover me 20 miles!

Interesting thread, I have breakdown cover through my Nationwide account. The account fee is £13/month and I often look to see if I'd be better off getting a free account and paying for the insurances I get separately.

This thread has prompted me to look again and I too can get the Start Rescue package for £54.95/year which is good. But factoring the travel insurance and mobile phone insurance I get I'm still better off with Nationwide. Though obviously if this lockdown continues for much longer the travel insurance becomes pointless and I'll look again.

but start rescue won'tcover vans for business use.neither do the cheaper RAC options.

copied from start rescue site when i tried to get cover::
Step 3: Please select the level of cover you require from the options below
We're sorry, but the vehicle you have entered is not eligible for Breakdown Cover.

Reply to Commercial vehicle break down cover in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net