Discuss Complete Home Repairs - Beware in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just received an unsolicited email from this company looking for contractors in my area i.e. GU postcode. Aberdeen based company touting maintenance work for 27 properties a month. This fits exactly with the MO used by previous Scottish based operator who has caused issues for other members of this forum in the past. My spider senses say SCAM so beware and my ex-police senses say ....they're well at it, still!

As ex-police I trust you have reported it as a scam
Reported to Actionless Fraud! These are the sorts of jobs that I'd love to investigate. The galling thing is that I know jack...---- is being done in respect of this type of fraud and others like it. I'll button my lip at this stage as the conversation will go political! ?? A few years back, just before I retired I was disciplined for daining to do some investigation around the theft of my own caravan. Common phrase within the police service is 'the job's ----ed' and that was being used 30 odd years ago!

Just received an unsolicited email from this company looking for contractors in my area i.e. GU postcode. Aberdeen based company touting maintenance work for 27 properties a month. This fits exactly with the MO used by previous Scottish based operator who has caused issues for other members of this forum in the past. My spider senses say SCAM so beware and my ex-police senses say ....they're well at it, still!

I may have fallen for this scam recently sending £2250 to the company as a security payment for the landlords information who issue the EICRS.
I have been in contact since paying the few however, no information or work has been sent over. ST1 area. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

ALWAYS use a credit card to make a payment .if they wont accept , walk quickly away

A lesson learned, especially for such a sum.
Good luck with the retrieval..........but it makes me wonder who pays in the long run.
Not the scammers, that's for sure....and I can't see the banks being long term losers.
A bit obvious really.

All depends if there is any investigation and conviction. The usual process is to work out the criminal benefit then what available amount the convicted person has, I.e realisable assets etc. A confiscation order is the made to the available amount which when paid can be used for compensation. If it’s not paid a default prison sentence is imposed which increases according to amount owed. The good thing is, is that the available amount can be revisited at any time. It’s a laborious process and obviously dependent on an investigation taking place in the first place. Two hopes of that happening with the current party of Law & Order in charge! Still, we’ve got we we voted for I suppose! I’d be harassing my MP and PCC.

I may have fallen for this scam recently sending £2250 to the company as a security payment for the landlords information who issue the EICRS.
I have been in contact since paying the few however, no information or work has been sent over. ST1 area. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

The same thing happened to me. They are really sophisticated. They even sent me a docusign verification email and a contract. However, as soon as I sent the payment, communications went down the drain. They stopped responding to my emails and did not answer any of their phones. My bank has refunded me the 1250 as they have become uncontactable.

Good that your bank reimbursed you, but that does not solve the problem of these scam artist, it's not worth your bank's time to try and get the monies back, it just increases the risk factor of the banks guarantee and we all know who pays for that.

Good that your bank reimbursed you, but that does not solve the problem of these scam artist, it's not worth your bank's time to try and get the monies back, it just increases the risk factor of the banks guarantee and we all know who pays for that.
I know it a shame and the scammers seem to know that too so they get away and take advantage of innocent people trying to make honest livings. Such a shame.

It's not just a shame, it's criminal fraud that they get away with because its deemed not to be worth the police following up, it must amount to millions of £ but still they get away with it because of lax checks or no checks made by the companies we buy through, in your case I would get Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman involved, you have nothing to loose, but possibly a bit of sanity banging your head upon a brick wall. ?

What did they offer to do for this £2250 security payment and were they expecting more payments

What did they offer to do for this £2250 security payment and were they expecting more payments
This is the content of the email and the offer they provide you.
Good Morning,

We are a nationwide residential management company, we understand that you are in the LE Postcode and are qualified electrical contractors.

We are looking for a qualified company or electrician to look after a 12 month planned maintenance contract.
  • The Contracted Company or individual will have to be capable of completing a minimum of 23 properties per month, for a minimum of 12 months
  • Each rental property is required to have a EICR and PAT. (Our contract is to keep our clients within the legislation that came in to force on 1st June 2020)
  • Must be able to adhere with a 14 day invoice cycle.
  • Must be willing to take full control of arranging their own diary
  • Set remuneration for specific services
  • Must have own public liability
We are an equal opportunities company and have a fair and unbiased process.

If you think you meet the criteria, do not hesitate to get in touch via the number or email address provided below

This is the content of the email and the offer they provide you.
Good Morning,

We are a nationwide residential management company, we understand that you are in the LE Postcode and are qualified electrical contractors.

We are looking for a qualified company or electrician to look after a 12 month planned maintenance contract.
  • The Contracted Company or individual will have to be capable of completing a minimum of 23 properties per month, for a minimum of 12 months
  • Each rental property is required to have a EICR and PAT. (Our contract is to keep our clients within the legislation that came in to force on 1st June 2020)
  • Must be able to adhere with a 14 day invoice cycle.
  • Must be willing to take full control of arranging their own diary
  • Set remuneration for specific services
  • Must have own public liability
We are an equal opportunities company and have a fair and unbiased process.

If you think you meet the criteria, do not hesitate to get in touch via the number or email address provided below
Very convincing. All false promises

If something looks too good to be true, it generally is, why do they want monies from you to carry out work for them?

So who was the company so others can be warned? No harm in naming a scam company.

Reply to Complete Home Repairs - Beware in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock