Discuss Complete Home Repairs - Beware in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just received an unsolicited email from this company looking for contractors in my area i.e. GU postcode. Aberdeen based company touting maintenance work for 27 properties a month. This fits exactly with the MO used by previous Scottish based operator who has caused issues for other members of this forum in the past. My spider senses say SCAM so beware and my ex-police senses say ....they're well at it, still!

Aico 3000
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
As ex-police I trust you have reported it as a scam
Reported to Actionless Fraud! These are the sorts of jobs that I'd love to investigate. The galling thing is that I know jack...---- is being done in respect of this type of fraud and others like it. I'll button my lip at this stage as the conversation will go political! 😜😜 A few years back, just before I retired I was disciplined for daining to do some investigation around the theft of my own caravan. Common phrase within the police service is 'the job's ----ed' and that was being used 30 odd years ago!

Reaction score
Just received an unsolicited email from this company looking for contractors in my area i.e. GU postcode. Aberdeen based company touting maintenance work for 27 properties a month. This fits exactly with the MO used by previous Scottish based operator who has caused issues for other members of this forum in the past. My spider senses say SCAM so beware and my ex-police senses say ....they're well at it, still!

Reaction score
I may have fallen for this scam recently sending £2250 to the company as a security payment for the landlords information who issue the EICRS.
I have been in contact since paying the few however, no information or work has been sent over. ST1 area. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

ipf

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A lesson learned, especially for such a sum.
Good luck with the retrieval..........but it makes me wonder who pays in the long run.
Not the scammers, that's for sure....and I can't see the banks being long term losers.
A bit obvious really.

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
All depends if there is any investigation and conviction. The usual process is to work out the criminal benefit then what available amount the convicted person has, I.e realisable assets etc. A confiscation order is the made to the available amount which when paid can be used for compensation. If it’s not paid a default prison sentence is imposed which increases according to amount owed. The good thing is, is that the available amount can be revisited at any time. It’s a laborious process and obviously dependent on an investigation taking place in the first place. Two hopes of that happening with the current party of Law & Order in charge! Still, we’ve got we we voted for I suppose! I’d be harassing my MP and PCC.

Reaction score
I may have fallen for this scam recently sending £2250 to the company as a security payment for the landlords information who issue the EICRS.
I have been in contact since paying the few however, no information or work has been sent over. ST1 area. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to Complete Home Repairs - Beware in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.