Discuss Complete Home Repairs - Beware in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Morning,
I am a heating engineer and very ashamed to say I've fallen foul of this scam too. £2250 lighter and absolutely no contact from them. They've clearly blocked my number and when I call off my partners phone and I get through to them they tell me that they will get someone to call me back to discuss refunding my money.
FYI - I've noticed they have changed their name on companies house as now 'Nationwide Home Repairs'.
The names (although I suspect are false) are:
Andrew Muir
Edward Watt
David Mannion
Richard (no last name)

Verrrrrry tempted to take a drive up to Aberdeen..!! Could kick myself for falling for it.
I also paid via bank transfer - how are you fighting to get your money returned (if not already done by the bank)?

My bank are being no help what so ever. They say they can’t get it back. I am
Gutted with myself but it was so elaborate.
The office address in Aberdeen is one where you just hire an office by the hour

Thanks,

Have any of you contacted the "Financial Ombudsman" it's all on line and very easy, don't get frustrated or stressed if you can help it, look upon it as a work ethic at £2000 + payment, be a Bulldog and don't give up, let the Financial Ombudsman be the final blow they normally come down on the side of the consumer.

I’ll be in Aberdeen at some point visiting my daughter.
Has this crowd got an office address there, or is it just an Aberdeen area phone number?

I could go all Rogue Traders on them, my wife with camera, demanding to talk to the boss….. I could take some strongly worded letters of complaint…

I could take some strongly worded letters of complaint…

Bullsh*t. take a couple of Govan lads backed up by a Scouser or 2. offer the offenders a couple of bog rolls. if you got it right, they'll need them.

This part of “legislation that comes into effect 1st june2020”…..

isn’t that for English rental properties?
This crowd are in Aberdeen.
Good spotting. Its strange how when in desperation for additional work most of us miss out on the key details. You're right. If your good, good contracts will find you. Never pay upfront for work. You should be the one taking a deposit instead. And when paying for anything that seems too good to be true always use someone else's money I.e credit card. If its too good to be true it usually is. I learned the hard way but hopefully not many more will by us sharing this discussion.

You have to be careful with scammers. Those registered as directors are not necessarily running the show. Quite often patsies are used to set up bank accounts to launder the proceeds. You also have company registration agents who will register companies for you. Quite often their names are shown as secretaries before resigning shortly after registration.

Scam came through this evening, I know its a scam as I already have a NHS Covid Passport, issued through/by the NHS and the NHS using the expression "all over the block"

The COVID-19 travel certificate has been created in a bid to restore the freedom of travel,
which has been put at a halt for over a year now, since the pandemic erupted all over the block.

Through the certificate, the Commission intends to remove travel restrictions as entry bans, quarantine obligation, and testing.

Those holding such a document will be able to travel throughout Europe without the need to quarantine or test for COVID-19

Please confirm or reject your invitation by selecting an option below:

Accept (taken out the link)

Decline

The Passport will be issued to all those who have been fully vaccinated against the Coronavirus, with one of the four vaccines approved by the National Medicine Agency, which are:

AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)

The certificate will prove that its holder has been vaccinated while also containing additional information on the vaccine, as when the doses were administered, who is the manufacturer, etc.

Who can use this service

You can only use this service if you have received an email/SMS regarding this invitation. You can not use this service for anyone other than yourself.
You are also free to reject this invitation, your appointment will be issued to the next person in line in that case.

You are required to reply to this invitation within 12 hours of this notification.

This is an OFFICIAL invitation sent to​

2021 NHS Crown Copyright​

Scam came through this evening, I know its a scam as I already have a NHS Covid Passport, issued through/by the NHS and the NHS using the expression "all over the block"

The COVID-19 travel certificate has been created in a bid to restore the freedom of travel,
which has been put at a halt for over a year now, since the pandemic erupted all over the block.

Through the certificate, the Commission intends to remove travel restrictions as entry bans, quarantine obligation, and testing.

Those holding such a document will be able to travel throughout Europe without the need to quarantine or test for COVID-19

Please confirm or reject your invitation by selecting an option below:

Accept (taken out the link)

Decline

The Passport will be issued to all those who have been fully vaccinated against the Coronavirus, with one of the four vaccines approved by the National Medicine Agency, which are:

AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)

The certificate will prove that its holder has been vaccinated while also containing additional information on the vaccine, as when the doses were administered, who is the manufacturer, etc.

Who can use this service

You can only use this service if you have received an email/SMS regarding this invitation. You can not use this service for anyone other than yourself.
You are also free to reject this invitation, your appointment will be issued to the next person in line in that case.

You are required to reply to this invitation within 12 hours of this notification.

This is an OFFICIAL invitation sent to​

2021 NHS Crown Copyright​

Nice try, but your not fooling anyone.

hmmm, thinking about it, they will fool enough people to spend the winter in the Bahamas
parasites.

Can anyone affected by this please report to watchdog. If they get enough reports they will investigate. If they find out the true identity of those responsible we may all get our money back and get them put in jail.

I may have fallen for this scam recently sending £2250 to the company as a security payment for the landlords information who issue the EICRS.
I have been in contact since paying the few however, no information or work has been sent over. ST1 area. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
UK Spark, I'd be interested to hear how you got on with this. I have recently been contacted by Vanguard Home Repairs with a similar proposal. Approx £60k worth of EICRs, working through 5 letting agents. Contract costs £2400 fee up front which is what made me think 'hang on...'. So googling Vanguard, they are registered at Companies House from Nov 2022 and yet to file an account. The website exists, and you can phone them up, but the info on the site is vague and there is a spelling mistake or two. Do you still have any contact details? I can compare them to what I have.

Please you guys, if someone asks you to pay them to give you work, "ITS A CON" don't be a sucker give them a wide birth, don't even talk to them.
I had a call from a comany like this a while ago.

I suggested they just take a comission on the jobs I get after each job- the more work I got the better for both of us, strangely they did not go for it

Wehenever I get these calls now (you can usually tell within 20 seconds) I usually say something along the lines
'If at any point you are going to ask me for money in this call that is not going to happen' that usually shuts them up.

Just received an unsolicited email from this company looking for contractors in my area i.e. GU postcode. Aberdeen based company touting maintenance work for 27 properties a month. This fits exactly with the MO used by previous Scottish based operator who has caused issues for other members of this forum in the past. My spider senses say SCAM so beware and my ex-police senses say ....they're well at it, still!

Reply to Complete Home Repairs - Beware in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net