Discuss Complete Home Repairs - Beware in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I may have fallen for this scam recently sending £2250 to the company as a security payment for the landlords information who issue the EICRS.
I have been in contact since paying the few however, no information or work has been sent over. ST1 area. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
Melmacelectricalservices,Iam afraid I’ve handed over £2400.00 for the same thing ,the company is vanguard home repairs out of Aberdeen,this was 3 months ago to the day not 1 job been issued to me , they won’t reply to any of my phone calls ,voice messages or emails next step is citizens advice , ombudsman or a solicitor to see what can be done about these scummy individuals

Melmacelectricalservices,Iam afraid I’ve handed over £2400.00 for the same thing ,the company is out of Aberdeen,this was 3 months ago to the day not 1 job been issued to me , they won’t reply to any of my phone calls ,voice messages or emails next step is citizens advice , ombudsman or a solicitor to see what can be done about these scummy individuals

Just done a quick scan - Looks like the directors are made up, the addresses not relevant, the phone number probably not even in Scotland.
Happy to probe further but if anyone has any specific details of any money transfers, this may just be a better lead to follow, PM if necessary

UK Spark, I'd be interested to hear how you got on with this. I have recently been contacted by Vanguard Home Repairs with a similar proposal. Approx £60k worth of EICRs, working through 5 letting agents. Contract costs £2400 fee up front which is what made me think 'hang on...'. So googling Vanguard, they are registered at Companies House from Nov 2022 and yet to file an account. The website exists, and you can phone them up, but the info on the site is vague and there is a spelling mistake or two. Do you still have any contact details? I can compare them to what I have.

If you havent already gone ahead with this.. then dont! unfortunately my partner has just been scammed by these people.. exactly the same info as you have said and handed over the money and didnt hear a thing from them. After chasing them up for weeks we found out today it had all been a scam! currently trying to figure out where we go from here!

If you havent already gone ahead with this.. then dont! unfortunately my partner has just been scammed by these people.. exactly the same info as you have said and handed over the money and didnt hear a thing from them. After chasing them up for weeks we found out today it had all been a scam! currently trying to figure out where we go from here!
We have just been done by this company, they said we need to do a legionnaire course which they sorted and we completed since then they have dropped all contact, we have call loads of times this week to be told someone will call back in 10mins, thought it was too good to be true, even having two phone interviews apparently going up against 5 other companies for the contract, after finding this today i now know 😩

We should build a case together

We have just been done by this company, they said we need to do a legionnaire course which they sorted and we completed since then they have dropped all contact, we have call loads of times this week to be told someone will call back in 10mins, thought it was too good to be true, even having two phone interviews apparently going up against 5 other companies for the contract, after finding this today i now know 😩

We should build a case together
Yes, exactly the same as us!! Also done a legionnaires course too! Obviously feeding everyone the same thing. My partner has been constantly on their case, dealing with someone called ‘Ross’, he went to meet the letting agencies today that apparently had been set up by Vanguard - some knew about it, some didn’t.. it was all very strange. It was only until tonight when I sent an email to them to say we won’t be going ahead with the work and requested a refund on the money we realised it was all a scam as the emails bounced back as undeliverable as the domain does not exist, then the website is no longer available.. we realised then we had been scammed! Absolutely gutting!

We have since reported it to the police but 100% happy to build a case together for this!
I’ve tried to do so much research on this tonight and I’m actually stunned to see how long they have been doing this for.

I’m hoping to make a few more phone calls tomorrow, just hoping I can get somewhere with this!

Yes, exactly the same as us!! Also done a legionnaires course too! Obviously feeding everyone the same thing. My partner has been constantly on their case, dealing with someone called ‘Ross’, he went to meet the letting agencies today that apparently had been set up by Vanguard - some knew about it, some didn’t.. it was all very strange. It was only until tonight when I sent an email to them to say we won’t be going ahead with the work and requested a refund on the money we realised it was all a scam as the emails bounced back as undeliverable as the domain does not exist, then the website is no longer available.. we realised then we had been scammed! Absolutely gutting!

We have since reported it to the police but 100% happy to build a case together for this!
I’ve tried to do so much research on this tonight and I’m actually stunned to see how long they have been doing this for.

I’m hoping to make a few more phone calls tomorrow, just hoping I can get somewhere with this!
My partner has been on their case all week as the contract was meant to start on the 1st may and we was concerned that was “meant” to complete 40 odd landlord certs this month.
I have also notice i was unable to get their website to work, but my business partner seem to rather they can 🤷🏻‍♂️.
We have also been dealing with Ross he was meant to be arranging for us to meet the estate agents last week / this.
It seemed very realistic on the phone speaking to Ross and i think Martin.
If you want to contact me then message me.

And anyone else maybe we can start a whatsapp group

Last edited by a moderator:
My partner has been on their case all week as the contract was meant to start on the 1st may and we was concerned that was “meant” to complete 40 odd landlord certs this month.
I have also notice i was unable to get their website to work, but my business partner seem to rather they can 🤷🏻‍♂️.
We have also been dealing with Ross he was meant to be arranging for us to meet the estate agents last week / this.
It seemed very realistic on the phone speaking to Ross and i think Martin.

And anyone else maybe we can start a whatsapp group
I have a heat pump exam in the morning, so probably best to contact me in the afternoon 👌🏻

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have fallen for this scam recently sending £2250 to the company as a security payment for the landlords information who issue the EICRS.
I have been in contact since paying the few however, no information or work has been sent over. ST1 area. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
I’m in exactly the same boat in the CF postcode aid £2400 upfront if you want to call me I’ll let you know my phone number been going on for 4 months now and put us through legionnaires training too if this sounds familiar?

Any company that wants monies from you up front to give you work is a SCAM
Baffles me why anyone can be taken in by these criminals.
Sorry for all you fellas and hope you get some payback, I know you're kicking yourselves. It must be embarrassing, so takes a bit to come on here with it.
Seems like the same crew have been at it for years. Beats me why the authorities aren't on to it.
Disgracefully it's just seems to be treated as the norm, these days.
Get 'em banged up. (or banged in)

Reply to Complete Home Repairs - Beware in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net