Discuss Computer memory. RAM....... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

...Also I'd wait for the next-gen Ryzen 3000 series CPUs to come out (imminently) otherwise you may end up with buyers regret. They look like they are going to blow Intel out of the water on price and performance....

Plus....Intel chips are full of security flaws..

about £600. I'm thinking of using my graphics card and hard drive (for second drive) from original comp.

My son bought a really decent gaming PC a while back ..... £1800 but that included a £700 video card

I think you need to up your budget and get a PC with 16GB RAM is my advice

Murdoch's right.....16GB is the minimum I'd want these days. And for gaming....the graphics card is the budget killer..

£600 is achievable if reusing your graphics card and storage drive.

The components for mine, without the graphics card, came in at a bit more than that but with a bit of realism that's an achievable budget.

Looking at 16GB... Two 8GB cards.
Existing graphics card is Geforce GTXi 510, 2GB. I think that is good enough for what I need.

Besides, the missus would cut my danglies off if I spent £1,800 on a comp...

Correction. Existing graphics card is Geforce GTX 1050, 2GB

Anyone know of any sites where you can config your own comp?

The below is from Computerplanet.co.uk

Computer memory. RAM....... upload_2019-5-23_13-55-20 - EletriciansForums.net

£603.

For Ryzen you REALLY need faster RAM, preferably 3200Mhz at CL14. I would seriously wait til Monday, the next-gen Ryzens are supposed to being announced, and you should be able to get miles better performance for similar price, or the 2xxx series will drop in price.....

Looking at 2666Mhz for the RAM, at the mo.
Not getting the comp any time soon. I need to save up.

Dod Gamn it Spoon!!!!!!!!!

Now you have made me buy a new cooler for my CPU.

I hope you feel suitably ashamed of yourself. :D

You could have bought me a new comp while you were at it mate...

Just an update:

Now getting:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
16GB RAM
480GB SSD
1TB HD

Ok it cost a bit more but I've saved up so I thought the better processor & new 2nd hard drive would be better.
I'm getting the bits and a mate is building it for me, with me helping.
£715.

It's not an all singing-dancing comp @Pete999 but the benchmark for the processor will go from 4,396 to 16,982.... So a bit faster.. ???

Reply to Computer memory. RAM....... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock