Search the forum,

Discuss connection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DuaneMHunt1976

I put a ring in my sheds, had to do it in stages as the washing machine was on it. So have a few connection blocks at stages (didn't face leaving live wires my dad is one to touch it to ask should it be there)
One complete on my test was too many connections block (32A wago type)

Is there a rule on this

If you could put that in understandable sentences, then you may get a decent reply, as it is, it is very hard to understand what you have done.

Right
Dyslexic so it's okay to beat me up for that,

If you don't ask questions and keep learning you ain't human
And it suggest you dint know and hind behind such a remark

Welsh how do you mean mid leg

Agree with the post above - try and reword it as it is not clear. Do you mean you haven't fitted all the sockets yet, but have put connector blocks there as a temporary measure until they are fitted? Daz

Right

Maybe you can attach a sketch or even a couple of photos of the circuit you've installed.

Sounds like he's been assessed and been pulled for a lot of uneccessary joints, if I'm correct my response to the OP is either organise to do the work in one go or find a way to give temp' supply while you do the work without joints everywhere... it may not be against regulation but its poor workmanship.

Last edited:
Right

Do you want help, or do you just want to complain for no reason?
Read what I wrote again, it wasnt criticism, it asked for you to write it more clearly, so that we can understand what the question is.
It still isnt clear what the question is.

Is it just me or does it read like "I extended a radial whilst it was live but couldn't connect it up fully as the washing machine was mid cycle and didn't want to risk getting an electric shock by leaving loose ends before the washer finished"

Last edited:
Is it just me or does it read like "I extended a radial whilst it was live but couldn't connect it up fully as the washing machine was mid cycle and didn't want to risk getting an electric shock by leaving loose ends before the washer finished"

Gawd knows. I'm not making any assumptions with this one.

Right

I don't think anyone would have a go at you being dyslexic. No-one knew you were dyslexic anyway - it just appeared to be a badly worded question.

Anyhow, what's the story - are they temporary blocks until you get the sockets fitted? Daz

I don't think anyone would have a go at you being dyslexic. No-one knew you were dyslexic anyway - it just appeared to be a badly worded question.

Anyhow, what's the story - are they temporary blocks until you get the sockets fitted? Daz
if your dyslexic, read through it a couple times.

it will eventually look right and everyone will understand what you mean to say, i know what kind of trouble you are having because i was in a similar boat at one point in time.

any mods looking at this will see 50+ edits with multiple spelling corrections and changes to the sentence structure etc lol

if your dyslexic, read through it a couple times.

it will eventually look right and everyone will understand what you mean to say, i know what kind of trouble you are having because i was in a similar boat at one point in time.

any mods looking at this will see 50+ edits with multiple spelling corrections and changes to the sentence structure etc lol

Same here mate, my spelling and punctuation is appalling.

The polite thing to do...

if you don't understand the question. As could they expanded on the question
Or could just past.the post by, why bother to reply to it if you know.what they mean

But I wouldn't lay in to them for their English or.how they have said.some thing
To me.that is no better than running a old person over because.they are.slow
Or beating up someone.l who has some.thing.wrong with their eyes "they looked at me funny tho"

No judged dreed manners please

Try not to take offense, we get so many so often on here that ask ambiguous questions, hard to understand or just simply because they have there own terminology that it may be automatic for members to get complacent and critique the opening post... you were asked and you have explained why you intro post may not be worded correctly - if you feel a post after your explanation has taken to mock or offend you then please hit the report button in the lower left of the post in question and the Mods will decide whether to take action.

Reply to connection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock