Discuss Considering go on agency, just qualified as an electrican in the Directory of Electricians in the UK area at ElectriciansForums.net

Help, I have just qualified as a electrican
I would rate myself a 5/10
I work for a company but working away is making me depressing for a 21 year old.
I am now considering work at home on the agency but do not really know anyone & starting of as a mate, just in case I get accessed to do something and do not quiet understand.
I would be working in Yorkshire
Who should I considering ringing or getting in contact with to set this all up.
My dad does not help telling me I am stupid for leaving a good company but I need to move on and learn more as this company is waiting for it to go broke. Any advise in what I should do would help thanks.

I'm sorry to say but I am inclined to agree with your dad on this. Perhaps it would be a wise idea for you to sit down and come up with a plan on moving from a self rating of 5/10 to closer to 10/10, having a stable job would certainly make this easier to do! No point in leaving a job and going to work in a capacity under what you already do.

Don't take offense to this, but judging by what you have typed and how many mistakes are within such a short piece of text it would lead me to believe you are someone who doesn't take much time to think things over and rushes into things, I could be wrong but that's my impression.

Stick with your current job, make a plan to improve as an Electrician and do some professional development before moving on while you still have a job that will pay your for your time. If it goes bust in a few months time, that's a few months more pay and experience to develop your skills.

Actually I have been thinking this over for the last 6 weeks, going home to my parents complaining and trying to come up with a plan, or already have 40k in saving's hidden for a rain day and if it all goes wrong I have a family home to go to, that is what my mum says.

The job I am on at the minute is not actually a proper building site job and I am not learning much being here.

& I would accept the challenge of becoming an electrican.

I passed my Am2 first time

Know my test sequence, ok with conduit and all containment, no a ring circuit and a radial even lighting circuits-still revisiting a bit, I know swa, fo 200, multi core

Also I have over 500 pound of tools

What are the ideal things a electrican coming out of his time should know?

What do you think you lack on, what has the permanent employment not given you insight into.
Agency does put you into a do anything at anytime so does test your resolve to be malleable to all types of work. Talk to an agency and they can send you in as a qualified or you could do 6 months as improver and prove yourself. You may get permanent with the agency company.
Fair play with the 40k - only living at home can do that.
A mate of mine saved 53k by living at home - amazing( he did live very frugally though!)

sign up with a couple of agencies. Rullion is one. also, sign up with indeed to get daily updates of available jobs by email. a lot of these are agency jobs. go for it. there's nothing worse than being in a job you hate.at 21 you can afford to make a few mistakes.

My apologies, it seems you have your head screwed on and have a bit of a cushion to fall back on! May as well take the leap and try find something that drives you forward and keeps you interested! Best of luck.

What are the other agency Contact Names?
I haven't really been on a proper building site for 3 months just nervous and want a challenge of getting back into the swing of things.
Just been depressed on a job with people waiting to retire.

Thanks for the input guys, very helpful

one agency to consider is Rullion. another option is indeed job search. register with them and get daily emails of available jobs, most of which are posted by various agencies, but some are direct employers. for site work, you need a ecs or cscs card just to get through the gate.

Type into google : construction -electrician - Agency and note the big names then go onto their websites. Get a good cv up together and photos of all of your iD to email quickly to the agencies. Some want a small interview but I see that as good because they get 'a feel' of you! and will think of you when something comes up.
Also do as Tel says and get the alerts set.
Be ready with those details, sometimes it's a race to the job.
I was finishing a private job, tidying up and had nothing else going on - got a text for job to start immediately and I sat down and applied, sent all my IDs and I started the next day.
Quick draw McGraw

Reply to Considering go on agency, just qualified as an electrican in the Directory of Electricians in the UK area at ElectriciansForums.net