Discuss Contactors with MCBs? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

brannaman

Hello All,

I'm doing an installation in a nightclub soon, and am asking for your opinion on the best way to wire the following.

The club has many lighting fixtures, each requiring a seperate supply from a 16A MCB. I am looking at about 30 circuits worth.

However they would also like the facility to turn on/off the entire rig from a remote switch, and also perform staged turn ons/offs to prevent too much inrush current if all the fixtures were powered together.

I guess ideally I'm looking for contactors with built in MCBs, so that each channel can be individually controlled by some sort of PLC. If there is no such device, I need some contactors and MCBs that are suitable, and an enclosure that would support wiring these together.

I have a choice of distrubition boards. Either I'll take the three phases from the main distro and have a seperate single phase supply board for each of the phases (about 12 breakers per board), or I'll have one larger three phase unit.

If anyone can give me any ideas about the best method/product to use for this, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

I'd still prefer some off the shelf DIN rail MCB/Contactor joint units, if anyone knows of any?

Dave

I don't have any info on contacts your looking for but haven't you got to be careful not to get Strobescopic effects if you use a single three phase board?

Seem to recall something about lighting and three phases.

Warren

Reply to Contactors with MCBs? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock