Search the forum,

Discuss Cooker cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anthony16090

-
DIY
Reaction score
Can someone tell me about cooker cables, the in-laws have had a new kitchen fitted, but they have put the cooker on 2.5mm cable, and wired it in to the ring main off a switched fuse ???
the cooker is a range master, for some reason the kitchen fitters took the manual for the cooker ???
but I have download a copy, it states that with both ovens, clock and grill it's 7.5kw (the hob is gas)
the reason I ask is because on Saturday had family party, used the ovens and the fuse blown, not much fun when your half way cooking, I always thought cooker cables are 6mm.
the manual does say 2.5mm to 6mm but to me the lines point to the cores in the cable, if that makes sense

Welcome to the forum .. I've approved your thread for general forum for speed of response as your only asking advice, when admin is on line you will be assigned a DIY status.

Be gentle boys he only asking if it's done wrong.

image.png Added a screen shot from a page in the manual, the cooker looks the same but as the kitchen fitter took the one that comes with it, I can't be 100%

Reply to Cooker cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock