Discuss Cooker outlet, no room + gas ignition in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all

New build house

Cookers they re supplying dont have room at the backs to allow for the outlet, so for now we are putting 6.0mm out the side cupboard to dual socket then from dual socket to cooker outlet,socket is for plug for gas hob, outlet for cooker

reason for using a dual is for room for the 6.0mm even though we are only using one for the ignition

another problem is we only have a 300mm cupboard for these to go into next to the cooker and its awkward to do

could do with some solutions pls

i have noticed that there is about 12inches of room below the cooker but if we put socket and outlet there the cable for the gas ignition isn't long enough to reach the bottom (was thinking of putting a dual click cooker outlet on its side feeding cooker then socket),gggrrr

any ideas lads
cheers
grand

Yep flipping kitchen designers, quite often end up putting cooker outlet in adjacent (or not so adjacent) cupboard.

Cant see anything wrong with running 2.5mm to single socket (for gas ignitor) from cooker outlet (32amp supply).

Edit; although I tend to spur off RFC for such (gas ignitor)

if it's over 2kw needs its own circuit
No it does not. This comes from Appendix 15 of the bible and that is titled "informative".
The 2KW malarky is just GUIDANCE

its to help the hard of thinking when looking at possible circuit designs.

If the 2KW was a regulation then most domestic appliances would not come with plugs on them, they would have to be hard-wired to connection points around the house.

Your right it is just guidance as is almost every word in the book , but yeah i get you point . I just MISSREAD and thought that the op had changed his mind and was going to plug into the ring main instead(his choice only guidance) .

no its just for the ignition, if i do put it low down ill just fit a 1 gang socket anyway, the reason the the dual socket is to fit the 2x 6.0mm in as it was in a 300mm cupboard and tight to get in.

I know others have already stated/suggested this; for the cooker, I'd install (from the cooker switch) a cooker outlet in adjacent cupboard, mounted surface in the cupboard. For the hob ignitor, I would install a spur socket (spurred off or part of RFC if possible) again mounted surface in adjacent. I would tend to do this on a refurb of a kitchen, and certainly in the case of a new build, where you have a blank canvas.

If for some reason, this is not achievable (and I can't see why not, in the case of a new build), you might have to feed the hob ignitor socket from the cooker outlet, Click do a two gang cooker outlet plate, if space is tight.

Hi Guys,
Well come to forum site.We have noticed that there is about 12inches of room below the cooker. But if we put socket and outlet there the cable for the gas ignition isn't long enough to reach the bottom side (we thinking of putting a dual click cooker outlet on its side feeding cooker then socket).
Thanks.................

Hi Guys,
Well come to forum site.We have noticed that there is about 12inches of room below the cooker. But if we put socket and outlet there the cable for the gas ignition isn't long enough to reach the bottom side (we thinking of putting a dual click cooker outlet on its side feeding cooker then socket).
Thanks.................

Ehh? o_O

Reply to Cooker outlet, no room + gas ignition in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock