Discuss Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

There’s a town near me, where the the river Tweed runs through, and is very popular with anglers. The middle of the river at this town follows the Scotland/ England border for a few miles.

today, the English side of the river had anglers, as they have been allowed to return... the Scottish bank was empty.

Just an observation

Does the feudal law still exist that allows locals to fish the river on Sunday mornings? I know I came up against this a few years ago on a private beat.

I think all Salmon rivers require a permit to fish, but there was/is a Feudal law about locals being able to fish free on certain dates, I just wondered if it still applies.

i don't know what paella is. is it related to salmonella?

747 cargo plane takes off laden with Nissan gearbox parts destined for the UK.
at 5000ft, pane is suggish and having difficulty climbing. Pilot looks athis map and tells his co-pilot that we are over farmland, jettison the cargo.
5000ft below, a farmer is just about to go and fetch the cows in for milking, when he rushes back into the house and shouts to his wife:

" don't go outside, it's raining datsun cogs".

Crikey Tel...I heard that one when i was at school! In those days everybody wanted a Datsun 240Z...
Yes, I know, that's very lightweight for a car...

Crikey Tel...I heard that one when i was at school! In those days everybody wanted a Datsun 240Z...
Yes, I know, that's very lightweight for a car...
thought when you were at school, nobody had heard of Datsun. all had model T Fords. :p :p :p

Getting eggs direct from farm.... Win!
Finally putting up shelves at the back door... Win!

Not having the shelf brackets slotted in properly..... Fail!

E7DB1A04-F181-4420-86BF-E5372E610E8F.jpeg

Make an omelet quick, or separate the yolks, keep the whites and whisk until stiff, the whites not you, then look up the recipe as I have forgotten the rest.

That reminds me of a very sad tale from hereabouts. A lady with lots of eggs to spare puts them in boxes outside her gate, and there's an "honesty" box to leave payment. She gives the proceeds to charity. She appealed for folks to drop off empty egg boxes so she could fill them.
Last week, somebody decided to steal the honesty box...and also smashed all the eggs awaiting collection.

That’s what my wife said.... but I’d binned all the broken ones. I would have needed to pick out all the shells.

There’s another tray under that one. Not one broken there.
Top tray, 14 smashed, 9 saved.

At 10p per egg... not a huge waste

Reply to Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net