Discuss Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

a bit like their attempts at singing.
Some people just have no taste ?

Some people just have no taste ?

To be honest I've only ever listened to the 1st half hour of any Pink Floyd songs. The intro bit where it sounds like they're tuning up.

you only have to see what's in the music charts to evaluate the general public's taste in music. it's gone in one direction... down the drain.

you only have to see what's in the music charts to evaluate the general public's taste in music. it's gone in one direction... down the drain.
Normally, I'd disagree with that.... but ive just had a look at this weeks top 40.... Spot on, Tel.

The trouble is, charts now are based on digital sales, streaming etc... not so much physical copies.
So you get someone like Kanye West, has 3 songs in the top 15. Ed Sheeran has 2 and some bloke called Dave has a couple.
(Kanye West. Rap with a capital C)

Its nice that you look back with fondness at the 70's music... but there was just the same amount of rubbish then as there is now.

Take this week in 1974 for example... A good year for being born.
Top 5 included Kung Fu Fighting and Y Viva Espana

They don't write them like that anymore.

The main problem with popular music is that popularity is generated by radio air play, rather than based on merit.

I swear most people would know more about a bar of soap than they do about a bar of music.

most of them are just jumped up kareoke tripe,singing to a backing track. if they got hold of a guitar, they'd wonder what the strings were for or think it was for swatting flies.

We call most of them now days Screechers they have no musical or vocal talent, come back Caruso all is forgiven.
yep. all female screechers or bad---- rappers using foul language to make them sound macho.

And don't forget to fold your middle two fingers in and point to the left with your right hand and to the right with you left hand and then grab your crutch and thrust forward.

Reply to Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net