Discuss Cpc connection wylex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They are rubbish considering the price of them, as usual the designer has never had to fit one or they would have noticed the massive cock up with the earth terminal!
The last one of those I fitted I ran the SWA cpc to the earth banjo bolt and lugged the 16mm outgoing on that as well. As stated above an earth nut would probably be quicker!
Sy
Yes I agree that’s what I will do thank you

Yes but if it’s 100amp supply and both 16mm earth connections are used there is no where to get another earth bond from
Put a separate 6.0 in. I would personally email them they have taken a real step backward from the previous design.

Yes I will and I I get a reply I will let you know
I’ve fitted loads of these switch fuses. In fact I will be fitting one on Friday coming.

I ignore the earth terminals with Allen heads. I just use the terminal for on the back of the enclosure which you think only takes 6mm2. Unless they have changed the design in the past couple of months (very much doubt) then this earth bar has space for 3x 16mm2 cables. It may look as though it doesn’t but I’ve done it many times. One incoming earth, one outgoing earth and one to banjo.

I’ve fitted loads of these switch fuses. In fact I will be fitting one on Friday coming.

I ignore the earth terminals with Allen heads. I just use the terminal for on the back of the enclosure which you think only takes 6mm2. Unless they have changed the design in the past couple of months (very much doubt) then this earth bar has space for 3x 16mm2 cables. It may look as though it doesn’t but I’ve done it many times. One incoming earth, one outgoing earth and one to banjo.
I asked in #13 If a 16.0 would fit.

Hi Matt I really didn’t think you could get 16mm in that little earth block

Put a separate 6.0 in. I would personally email them they have taken a real step backward from the previous design.
I've always rated Wylex as decent and solid but they've taken a few backward steps, IMO. That looks a bit of a mess all round. As someone said, go back to the old method and link everything via chassis bolt.
With their latest CU's the whole internal unit is no longer fully removal from the chassis making things awkward with replacement units.

That is unbelievable! Wylex used to be good quality gear, having said that most of the big names seem to be going the same way these days!
I am not a fan of adding needless extra connections as it just adds more potential failure points!
I would still be crimping onto a banjo or earth nut imho!
Sy

Reply to Cpc connection wylex in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net