Discuss Crabtree Starbreaker config. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

NDG Elecs

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi folks.

Wanting to do some work on a lighting circuit. Need to change to 30mA protection, currently 100mA S type...
I know the Starbreaker boards can be configured differently with their busbars, but how! See piccy. Is there anyway to introduce another 30mA rccb onto this board, maybe moving the 100mA along to the left...I had a brief look underneath the breakers and the bus bar looks to be continuous all the way across.. As I understand it you can get different sized bus bars but never had to change them before...
I had a look online for info but found little of any use... Any pointers welcomed..

Crabtree Starbreaker config. IMG_20190910_162231 - EletriciansForums.net

Thanking you..

I had the cover off Buzz but didn't take a photo :rolleyes:

The only Starbreaker boards I have fitted have had the MS on the far left.. no idea why the time delayed has been plonked in the middle...

That board has already been doctored. I have never seen a Starbreaker board with two rcds next to each other and as already said the left side main switch is missing.

Yeah thought it had been altered Westy. And thanks for the vid Buzz, not checked it thoroughly yet though as filling in three eics tonight...:(
I am thinking the 100mA might be able to be moved to the left and act as main switch. Then have a new 30mA rccb next to it, whilst keeping the existing 30mA as it is. I could put the lights on the existing rccb but really don't want to if in anyway avoidable. Nuisance tripping etc etc..
BUT I am not sure what the situ is with the bus bar, and whether my plan is feasible... As I say I have only dealt with these boards a few times and have never had to rejig one...

why not fit a RCBO to left side of board?
https://www.screwflix..com/p/crabtree-starbreaker-6a-30ma-sp-type-b-rcbo/77738

or move circuit over to the 30mA RCD.

why not fit a RCBO to left side of board?
https://www.screwflix..com/p/crabtree-starbreaker-6a-30ma-sp-type-b-rcbo/77738

or move circuit over to the 30mA RCD.

RCBOs it will be Tel, thanks. Don't know why that didn't enter my head! Guess I was too busy thinking about moving the main switch and the busbar configuration...

Reply to Crabtree Starbreaker config. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock