Discuss Cross bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Maybe you could use a standard 13A mains extension lead and a couple of R2 socket adapters to connect your meter between two socket outlets, one on each meter

44allan - the two meters are about 20 meters away from each other which would make that test difficult to do.

You don't need to test from the meters mate.
Any power or lighting point from each circuit will do.

edit.
As already stated...........the calibrated wander lead.......what we we do without them :)

any old length ot singles with a couple of croc clips will do to test . just make sure there's no kids or animals around. plumbers, well , thast's different.

Agrees with pub member........More than one supply in different locations within one building has been a no no for many years. If two buildings have been knocked into one.......the onus has always been on the client/electrician to inform the DNO to remove the surplus supply which was up to fairly recently, FREE! But I believe now a contribution towards the cost is now required.

Reply to Cross bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We are refurbishing an empty commercial building at the minute and I don't do commercial stuff day in day out so not entirely clued up on...
Replies
Views
This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views
I have a new combo meter box and 200A main shut off installed outside professionally. It has 4/0 service line coming into it and I have...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I was recently ask by a customer if/how his house could be supplied by his electric car. He wants to charge the car at night on low rate...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock