Discuss Cut meter tails in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Having seen the photo I assume that the meter box is going where the block is you may just have enough to make off in Henly blocks but you have to consider that on the LHS is normally where the cut-out is. If not they will have to be replaced and the developers will have to get to grips with that is what will have to be done you should not be having to bodge a new installation.

I disagree with your last posted comment,recognised methods for extending cables may not be to our personal taste but are fully compliant
I disagree also with your earlier comment which I have highlighted above f
The entry of the tails into the cabinet should be upwards from the bottom
Cables entering from above can cause any damp or water ingress to run down the cable into the joint or equipment where they terminate

I thought this was a new build? I don't see why this cannot be repaired as original. Whoever and why ever the cables were damaged,is immaterial,this is going to sold as a new property,and should not be cocked-up,compared to the one next door.

It's the reason i would not have a new house,given me...unless i had control of the reins,from the get-go.

I disagree with your last posted comment,recognised methods for extending cables may not be to our personal taste but are fully compliant
I disagree also with your earlier comment which I have highlighted above f
The entry of the tails into the cabinet should be upwards from the bottom
Cables entering from above can cause any damp or water ingress to run down the cable into the joint or equipment where they terminate
What you say is correct regarding the tails coming in from the bottom. Therefore the joint would be in the wall cavity as there is not enough to bring in the bottom of the meter box.

Have a word with the client, main contractor or site management, whichever. It's a new house. The odds are that they would want a total replacement...if they don't, they're worth SFA, for not considering the future owners.

I know it’s just a building site, but isn’t there cctv?
Thieves or spiteful b’stard might have been seen.

I agree with replacement of tails, but discuss with developer why you are doing it.
They might be able to do something about it

I’d explain to the main contractor/site manager, that unless you can replace these cut cables with new cables, you won’t sign this one off, as it’s you name on the EIC and the condition of all the wiring will be based on your companies reputation. Which ever way you spin this, a crime has been committed, report it to the police and claim on the sites insurance for the cost of the replacement cable.

Reply to Cut meter tails in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock