Discuss Dash Lights Out... Add Rheostat for dimming in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey that has dash lights that are a combination of LED and incandescent. Most of the incandescent lights do not work. That results in my radio backlight and most of the buttons being off. I have tried to track down this issue and haven't found it. The factory dimmer is built into the cluster and uses a transistor to change the ground and dim the lighting. I have plans to try and swap the cluster with another, but was also considering changing the wiring to include a rheostat. I came to this forum for some guidance to see if that was possible. The van is older and is going to be retrofit for a mini camper. I don't mind drilling holes, splicing wires and adding dials to get this basic function working.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reply to Dash Lights Out... Add Rheostat for dimming in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Summary (TL;DR) Several lightbulbs in my home supplied by one circuit breaker dim over time and go out in about a year. Right now, the ceiling...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm very new to electrical but I'm ready to learn. For my first project I'm looking to setup 2 shelf racks with four shelves each and about...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I tried installing a dimmer to a 3-way circuit. The dimmer has a hard...
Replies
Views
I am looking at installation of an architectural dimmer, that is will supply 6 channels, with 20A circuits each (2400W ea). Our hall has can light...
Replies
Views
I installed a 3-way Lutron dimmer toggle switch in my basement to control 5 dimmable LED track lights, LED track lights slowly brighten to near...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock