Discuss DB2 (TT) trips DB1 TN-C-S in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i'd use 3 core SWA. armour as cpc and 3rd core for bonding if required.

I'm just wondering why he ran a 3 core 10mm cable and didn't use the the third core?? So why bother running a 3 core cable in the first place??

As far as the ''You can't extend a PME earthing system'', it's mostly down to the P**s Poor college lecturers you have in these colleges and training centers these days, that continue to perpetuate this MYTH!!

Nothing wrong with what he's done (except the rcd's in series) if that's how he has designed it and is happy to waste money on 3 core but not use the 3rd core to extend the pme.
Me I'd have saved some bunce and gone 2 core swa, split the tails at the house into switch fuse out in 10mm on to outbuilding small db with rcbo's

Frenchie I'm in Andover tomorrow if you want me to sort it for you.

I'm just wondering why he ran a 3 core 10mm cable and didn't use the the third core?? So why bother running a 3 core cable in the first place??

As far as the ''You can't extend a PME earthing system'', it's mostly down to the P**s Poor college lecturers you have in these colleges and training centers these days, that continue to perpetuate this MYTH!!
or old farts not willing to evolve! Whoops! ... Has he been provoked?...

or old farts not willing to evolve! Whoops! ... Has he been provoked?...

Nope is just P**s Poor college lecturers that instead of teaching if you like, just the facts, they incorporate their own ill found misconceptions!! The same goes it seems, for RFC's now being touted as dangerous!! lol!!

Nope is just P**s Poor college lecturers that instead of teaching if you like, just the facts, they incorporate their own ill found misconceptions!! The same goes it seems, for RFC's now being touted as dangerous!! lol!!
well eng:

i never listened to any of the old drivvel about RFCs then....and i wont now either...
and if young robert who comes out with us starts being indoctrinated by any college slavver about the `dangers` of a properly designed RFC...or how you cant extend a PME then i will be on hand to lead him back into the light...

Reply to DB2 (TT) trips DB1 TN-C-S in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net