Discuss DC junction box in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

cnuguri

DIY
Reaction score
Hello all,
Any ideas for a DC junction box for outdoor use please.
I have one AC line going outside and would like a junction box that can take this AC input and output multiple DC lines so I can use them to connect multiple devices outside (multiple cc tv cameras, door bel etc.,). Is this even possible?
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Chaith.

Possibly best to use the external boxes they sell in places like Homebase for Xmas lights.
You just run a regular extension lead and leave the trailing sockets in the box. The lid seals around any flexes.
They take large transformer type plugs whereas an external socket won’t.

Possibly best to use the external boxes they sell in places like Homebase for Xmas lights.
You just run a regular extension lead and leave the trailing sockets in the box. The lid seals around any flexes.
They take large transformer type plugs whereas an external socket won’t.
Or a large PVC adaptable box and a few nicks with a hacksaw! In my old house I did just this - fixed a 150x200ish sized box underneath the weatherboard, wriggled a flex into the loft and come Christmas all those pesky plugtop adaptors just went into the fourway adaptor inside it.

Just remember to have any holes etc at the bottom... so that it reduces the chances of any moisture getting in... also rubber washers on any fixing screws can help too.

Reply to DC junction box in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, First of all, thank you in advance for any helpful insights posted in response to my question. I have just moved into a new home. With...
Replies
Views
Hello I have recently moved home and I looking to upgrade lighting across the house to LED. In the kitchen I have found that there is installed...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views
I have been asked/invited to "post more", lol, so let me make another post right away. I thought of sth worthy to post, of interest to many, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock