Discuss Dead On Arrival GFCI Outlet? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Friday

DIY
Reaction score
Want to put a GFCI outlet on a circuit. Currently, this circuit is free of any other outlets or switches. Purchased an Eaton 15-Amp Tamper Resistant Weather Resistant GFCI Residential Decorator Outlet at Lowes. Installed according to manufacturer's instructions. Plugged in a coffee maker and no power. If I take readings off the sides of the outlet where the wires install, I get 123V, but if I take a reading from the plug-in slots, no reading. Is it possible this is a bad outlet and is there a way to check it? Neither of the lights are lit up (EOF or trip indicator), and I've tried the reset button to no avail. I took a known good standard outlet and put it on this circuit and it works fine.

Dennis (Friday)

Reply to Dead On Arrival GFCI Outlet? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have an outdoor electrical subpanel with a nearby outlet. We've plugged an extension cord with a built-in GFCI into it , but the GFCI trips...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm having problems with a GFCI circuit that feeds one outdoor outlet and two bathroom outlets. The GFCI breaker trips in the breaker...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock