Discuss Death penalty in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Straight yes or no, do you support the reintroduction of the death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters
Of course you are right, it never has been an deterrent, just an eye for an eye, but we all know right from wrong, if anybody is prepared to take an life they should forfeit theirs.
Why?
Why should the state kill people who kill people to demonstrate that killing people is wrong?

There was 865 people executed in britian during the 20th century. I believe three of those were posthumoustly pardon.
Is that 3 too many yes of course it is.
The vast majority, as many as 90% , of those hung were for non premeditated murders usually with a single victim these today would not be considered even for the possiblity of a life term maybe even manslaughter at worst but the other 10% had murdered more than once or child murderers or sex killers who deserved to die.

To all the pro death proponents, would you be quite happy to pull the proverbial trigger with a clear conscious, and sleep at night?
I bet most of you would run a mile!

To all the pro death proponents, would you be quite happy to pull the proverbial trigger with a clear conscious, and sleep at night?

Dont think that is a fair question to ask really.
From my experience people dont know if they are capable of taking a life until they are put in a position to.
And then if they do how they cope with warm blood running down there arm determines if they can stomach it or not!

This if from hunting experience btw not murder LOL

If you gave me you weight height age and physical build I think I've read enough books on hanging to rig the gallows to give you correct drop to deliver the required force to break you spinal cord giving you a quick and painless death which is more than the victims of these animals that commit these crimes.
So to answer your question. Yes.
When do I start.
Bring me those two who slaughtered lee rigby they will do for a start.
Need a part time job now I can't work.

@marvo.
Is it too late to have a poll included on this?

If we are talking about one or more of these islamic extremists and the case had been proven beyond any doubt, i'd be more than happy to take the pistol and pull the trigger. I certainly wouldn't be running a mile!!

If we are talking about one or more of these islamic extremists and the case had been proven beyond any doubt, i'd be more than happy to take the pistol and pull the trigger. I certainly wouldn't be running a mile!!
If it was me who saw 2 people walking away from my property in opposite directions and beat one of them to death because he looked like he was carrying some of my stuff? The real burglar being the other one?

@marvo.
Is it too late to have a poll included on this?

But it's not a straight Yes or NO question is it, Most here like myself are generally opposed to the Death Penalty for the majority of murders committed in the UK...

Let's hope they don't. For Countries that still use the death penalty, this is the chance they take, and the main reason that the penalty has been abolished in many Countries.

As far as the the UK is concerned, were the death penalty to be reintroduced (which is highly unlikely) for the most serious of offenders it is to be hoped that with modern techniques guilt would be able to be proven beyond ANY doubt.

When tony Blair signed us up to the full human rights treaty he effectively abolished hanging in the UK he also signed away the reintroduction of the death penalty since 1998 it is no longer debated in parliament

Top 10 countries who kill their citizens: AKA Death Penalty
1. China
2. North Korea
3. Iran
4. Iraq
5. Saudia Arabia
6. USA
7. Somalia
8. Sudan
9. Yemen
10. Japan

USA and Japan do stand out as not exactly "stuck in the middle ages" - but makes you think about what regimes make up capital punishment as a form of "deterrent" - Do we really want to join that motley crew. ?

The US has armed police so in some cases the people who get shot don't make it to court to be proven guilty or innocent

The law in the UK has always been a --- anyway, far too many rules in place to protect the accused than anything like there are to protect the victims....

The human rights act is the biggest load of tosh the victim ends up seriously injured or dead and the prisoner complains his / her human rights are being eroded or taken away without any consideration for the innocent victim affected by their actions

He was the bloke who was convicted of Suzanne Dando's killing and later completely cleared

I'm sure Suzanne Dando would be surprised to find out she is dead

I never denied the guilt.
Only the reasoning behind said murder.

Huntley deliberatly went out to do the evil he did.

Burglars who get whacked round the head with a bat while breaking into a law abiding familys home deserves what he gets.
We know the risks of getting killed by our profession, So to should a burgler.

Break into my house and you best hope you get out before the dogs eat you!
Or I beat crap out of you.

Again ime very unsympathetic to these kind of individuals.
did you hear about the guys that broke into a farmers house?

the farmer chased them with his shotgun lol. he didnt kill them and police arrested them when the burglers turned themselfs in

Only one i remember in recent times was the farmer who shot and killed said burglar.
He was arrested and charged but released after public outcry.
Think you will find that Tony Martin served his full sentence of 3 years with no parole. Maybe you got confused as he was originally charged with murder but it was reduced to manslaughter. He lives in hiding now as he has a price on his head from friends and family of the man he killed. (travellers)

Not sure if it was Tony Martin, Maybe was I cant really remember tbh but I remember there being a public outcry about someone getting sent down for defending his home.

Maybe you are thinking of padraig nally from mayo , he shot and killed a traveller called frog ward in the early 2000s in the exact same circumstances. The man couldnt get a fair trial because the jury were too sympathetic. the judge forced the manslaughter conviction on the jury but this was successfully appealed a year later.

Reply to Death penalty in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock