Discuss DeWalt Combi on offer at Screwfix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Im curious what kind of issues with toolstop? Ive bought a couple things off them through amazon.
Mainly with their delivery company, APC. None of my neighbours would sign for it so I had to collect it from the delivery office, which is over the other side of the next town and normally a half hour drive away. On this occasion though there were sewerage works so the road was blocked and the surrounding area gridlocked, so I had to get the train. They close at 6 as well so I had to leave work early. So them cheaping out on the delivery ended up costing me about £30 compared with if they had used Royal Mail which are situated centrally and open till 8 on Wednesdays (7 other days).

The last time I used them (which could well be) I bought a socket set for £15 on one of their special offers. I paid through Paypal, who I didn't realise at the time had automatically put my old address on the order. I notified Toolstop as soon as I realised but they said they couldn't change the address due to security reasons and I would have to contact APC to arrange collection. APC didn't seem to know what was going on and said they'd have to speak to the delivery driver and call me back. After about a month it seemed like someone from my old address had gone to the delivery office and signed for it using my name. Toolstop's attitude was 'well we sent it where it was supposed to go'. I raised a claim with Paypal who sided with Toolstop until I pointed out as per their website they hadn't actually delivered it and someone had fraudulently collected it, then they changed their decision and refunded my money.
Again, none of this would have happened if they had used Royal Mail who require proof of who you are, not proof of where you live (the card should demonstrate this).

I dont like dewalt personally, milwauke are really good drills but im disapointed with what you get from bosch with there combi drills
It used to be if you wanted anything with a 13mm chuck you had to pay a fortune, but with some of the newer drills you seem to get more for your money.

Mainly with their delivery company, APC. None of my neighbours would sign for it so I had to collect it from the delivery office, which is over the other side of the next town and normally a half hour drive away. On this occasion though there were sewerage works so the road was blocked and the surrounding area gridlocked, so I had to get the train. They close at 6 as well so I had to leave work early. So them cheaping out on the delivery ended up costing me about £30 compared with if they had used Royal Mail which are situated centrally and open till 8 on Wednesdays (7 other days).

The last time I used them (which could well be) I bought a socket set for £15 on one of their special offers. I paid through Paypal, who I didn't realise at the time had automatically put my old address on the order. I notified Toolstop as soon as I realised but they said they couldn't change the address due to security reasons and I would have to contact APC to arrange collection. APC didn't seem to know what was going on and said they'd have to speak to the delivery driver and call me back. After about a month it seemed like someone from my old address had gone to the delivery office and signed for it using my name. Toolstop's attitude was 'well we sent it where it was supposed to go'. I raised a claim with Paypal who sided with Toolstop until I pointed out as per their website they hadn't actually delivered it and someone had fraudulently collected it, then they changed their decision and refunded my money.
Again, none of this would have happened if they had used Royal Mail who require proof of who you are, not proof of where you live (the card should demonstrate this).

It used to be if you wanted anything with a 13mm chuck you had to pay a fortune, but with some of the newer drills you seem to get more for your money.

from what I have heard apc is a franchise.

Just because the place closes at say 6pm isnt a problem.

I got a call from driver before and picked it up from the depot on way back from work (about 7)

Like everything I think it varies from branch to branch.

For example ups are the worst delivery company I have ever used. I wont go into exact details but one of them was,

I had a small padded envelop with some bits and pieces in and they wouldnt post it, if you ask them to deliver it to neibor. Sorry only the seller can change details.

I did speak to seller about some of the problems I just wanted my money back, they can bugger off if they want me to drive 30miles to pick up a small padded envelpop

Save your money, and maybe spend a little more on a Milwaukee combination drill... Knocks the modern DeWalt range of drills way into touch!!

Save your money, and maybe spend a little more on a Milwaukee combination drill... Knocks the modern DeWalt range of drills way into touch!!

I don't like dewalt at all, guy I work with has burnt out an sds and combi in last year alone.

My makita has had more use and nothing wrong with it and ill sayconr thing,There drills are not the same quality they used to be.

milwaukee are good but not cheap.

I don't like dewalt at all, guy I work with has burnt out an sds and combi in last year alone.

My makita has had more use and nothing wrong with it and ill sayconr thing,There drills are not the same quality they used to be.

milwaukee are good but not cheap.

lol when my last drill packed in one of the Sparks I work with was like get a DeWalt they last for years but yet he is always complaining about his drill every time he uses it :p

but yea Milwaukee's aren't cheap even on Fleabay

this is the cheapest Milwaukee Drill I could find that comes with Batteries & a charger

Milwaukee C18PD-22C 18v Cordless Combi Hammer Drill, 2 x 2.0a/h Batts, Charger | eBay

Reply to DeWalt Combi on offer at Screwfix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net