Discuss Dewalt Electricians Stapler in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lol Pete give me a clue.. don't make me drag it out of you. :D
Drag it out of me what do you mean? I'll lay it out as I see it then, Personally I don't like them. I think they take the skill out of presenting a neat job, I'm all for advancement, but in this case I don't agree, OK for house bashing I suppose, but for a prestige job, no thank you very much, I think cables can be damaged if used in the wrong hands, OK for clipping a few cables in the training workshop as an example, but in the real world no thanks, you can't beat a killed tradesman using traditional skills, if I have laid myself open to abuse then so be it, can't be any more explicit than that can I? I hate the things, end of.
I have laid out my objections/thoughts you have asked me to explain these thoughts, now it's tour turn to convince me otherwise, over to you, as you said you didn't want to "drag it out of me"

Last edited:
I was more asking about what it was about the grip on the cables and the single size of the staples that you didn't like.

I am genuinely interested in what you have to say on the subject and appreciate your input so far. :)

I have just been looking at a YouTube review of it. I largely agree with Pete on this. The single size of staple width will rarely allow a neat looking run in my view.
For new build sparks I think it could be a good idea for cables that will be largely hidden.
The vid I saw showed that on most cable sizes the cable(s) were able to be pulled back and forth fairly freely after being stapled and it suggested giving the occasional staple a knock with a hammer to get them more secure.

Last edited:
It arrived today while I was out hammering in boxes of clips that no-one will ever see or care about. :(

On the plus side I had a little play with it and it will do just nicely for lofts and stuff not on show.

I tried my best to damage a cable with it and failed miserably :D
Turn it 90 degrees....... and try harder......

I have a little hand stapler for telephone/alarm cable... makes a lovely neat job of tacking along skirtings etc...
I also have one I procured when I was still an apprentice. Mine also does a lovely neat job of stapling through the cable sheath and causing difficult to find faults unless you're very very careful whilst you're using it.

I was researching these after watching the eFixx video on YouTube - the ability to move the cable after fixing would be an advantage at times, allowing adjustment of the cable & potentially easy reuse of the clips in a cable replacement scenario. - I am interested in peoples views on this, as more people see the ability to move the cable as a negative point - more so I guess on vertical runs, although as someone suggested you could hit a few with a hammer after. Someone also suggested a technique where you "roll the stapler forward" to get a tighter fit.
I did see a review (I think on Amazon) that said they work fine in soft wood, but not at all on harder wood/old timber joists. Can anyone here confirm or deny this problem?
One advantage is the staples do seem to work out cheaper than the ridiculously expensive ordinary steel clips (unless others have found those cheaper than I have managed?). The DeWalt staples are £14.99 for 540 at Screwfix (who have started to stock them recently). I guess you would use more though as you would probably be using them for the whole run.

I have one. Use it quite a bit as its good for clipping 6mm and 10mm in garages.
Smaller size cables can be a but loose it holds up rather than grips. Tap with hammer and metal clips then go tight.
I run lots of 6mm cables in my jobs and it saves time.

I have one. Use it quite a bit as its good for clipping 6mm and 10mm in garages.
Smaller size cables can be a but loose it holds up rather than grips. Tap with hammer and metal clips then go tight.
I run lots of 6mm cables in my jobs and it saves time.

Thanks Gavin , was considering this or the viper clip on shown on dragons den , but can’t find any trace of it since.
So if I understand correctly the dewalt just has one size of staple ?

Reply to Dewalt Electricians Stapler in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net