Discuss did sparky york pass? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

trust me to be a day out,had a right **** start to the day my water pump on me van is knackered had to phone the job i was going to and make me excuses (20 miles away been booked for yonks) i dont think he beleived me so with a start like that its no wonder i got day wrong,ha.roll on sat off on me hols.

:cool:I remember the days of me and the wife going abroad drinking all night.:(then me two kids came along and put a stop to it,we did try going abroad with kids but they too young and the flight is a nightmare:eek:so im off to spend a week in,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sunny(i hope)great yarmouth:cool::rolleyes::eek:

hi guys, yeah its 2 moro morning! pooping me pants now!

just thought id do a quick continuity test on me water bond and found it to be not very continuous!! sorted now but pushing it for time.

quick question on the 17th certs, just filling out new ones for me major job.

on sheet2, in particulars of installation at the origin; in protective measures for fault protection, do you ADS??
and in, schedule of items inspected; all of the prevention of mutual detrimental influencesbox's; what do you put when who knows what the 1st fix was like? do you put LIM in these??
and in, erection methods; again same situation as above, and routing of cables in zones as well.

schedule of test results: thats starting to worry me now, on me ring circuits (got 3) when i did the job i worked out R1 + R2 by calc (Zs - Ze)
ive just looked at me end to end results and when i add R1 to the measured R2 result its no where near the Zs calc method! is this normal cos im thinking that although the max Zs has gone up in the 17th, using me end to end results puts it higher than Max Zs permitted etc, its ok on the straight Zs test mind.

know its another epic post but better than starting 20 threads to get the message across! hope someone can help!

rich

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW ,I KNOW I WAS BRICKING IT WHEN I HAD MY FIRST ONE,when you did your ring test calcs did you add r1 to r2 then divide it by four before adding your ze? yes you put ads.max zs has come down slightly under 17th.didnt think you are allowed lim on a EIC.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys, yeah its 2 moro morning! pooping me pants now!

Dont frett over it you'll be ok, remember they want your money & unless you are a complete halfwit you'll pass ok (if you do flunk dont take the halfwit comment seriously)

just thought id do a quick continuity test on me water bond and found it to be not very continuous!! sorted now but pushing it for time.

Oh dear oh dear, remember it costs nothing to check before leaving the job.

on sheet2, in particulars of installation at the origin; in protective measures for fault protection, do you ADS??

Yes (AUTOMATIC DISSCONNECTION odf SUPPLY).

and in, schedule of items inspected; all of the prevention of mutual detrimental influencesbox's; what do you put when who knows what the 1st fix was like? do you put LIM in these??

Is it a cu change?
You could & back it up with note in the deviations box also state in the "extent of works covered by this cert" box cu change only (or words to that effect).

and in, erection methods; again same situation as above, and routing of cables in zones as well.

Just use method C

when i did the job i worked out R1 + R2 by calc

You may have a problem here, using calculation is fine for pir's but might be frowned upon for an installation.

ive just looked at me end to end results and when i add R1 to the measured R2 result its no where near the Zs calc method!

r 1 + r 2 /4 will give you R1+R2

0.42 + 0.70 = 0.84
1.12/4 = 0.28

R1+R2= .28 ohm

using me end to end results puts it higher than Max Zs permitted etc

Thats why you dont want to use calculations on installation certs;)
measurements only thank you.

know its another epic post but better than starting 20 threads to get the message across! hope someone can help!

Dont worry it's better to ask than fumble through.
Hope I've helped.

Good luck & get to bed & stop worrying.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the above.

DONT PANIC

As Mr fox says they want your money and they are not there to trip you up just to make sure you are not a complete plank.

Now put your boxing gloves on, go to bed and get a good nights kip. You will be ok.

I am of to Beligum tomorrow but will take the laptop and log on in the evening to see how you got on.

ps if you fail we will send Bane round to kiss you, you know he will do it:D

Good luck

cheers guys, its just a consumer unit change. yeah realized what id done with me calcs!! didnt devide by 4 which made my initial overall ZS bloody huge! they look much more favourable now tho.

just putting me compaints file together now then thats about it, have a read on testing just to get it in me head then get up nice and early.

thanks for your help guys its very much appreciated!

rch

cheers luke, just had a look at those common questions, i can get a good percentage of them so should be ok (i hope!) so long as you dont get failed for getting a couple of questions wrong as well!

rich

hi all, well inspectors just gone, very nice chap actually! and ive passed (only domestic installer mind!) he's gotta send his report off to nic and said they assess his results but its very very likley ill be on the scheme in the next 2 weeks.

he said if it was someones else i could of got marked down for not having a sticker on the board saying "test again in 10 years etc" and also i got a question wrong on building regs i.e drilling depths on joists (very minor points in reality but could of been a fail if he was a A hole!

will try and remember the questions he asked and post in the questions for assesment thread.

thanks for all your help and support guys, i know ive been a bit a fanny about it and he didnt even look at half the stuff ive done.

thanks

rich

Last edited:

Reply to did sparky york pass? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock