Discuss Different Phase in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

optician

Got a 3 phase board in a shop. They want me to put a couple of cicuits in to an upstairs room for pc's and a heater. Pc circuit is and extended radial off an existing clean board, 16 amp breaker.
For the heater, I was going to extend an existing ring circuit(different room).
Each cicuit is off a different phase, can I run them both to the same room?
Do they need to be out of arms reach from each other?
Do I need a danger 400volt warning sign?
Should I not do it at all?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

You can do it i think. Dont think there are rules against it, i mean you can put 415v in a light switch if there are separate circuits in there. I would try to avoid this but i think if its labelled then its allowed. I suppose it depends on yourself, lots of people wouldnt give a ****, i personally wouldnt have a problem having 415v in the same room but i would try to keep the 2 circuits apart if possible.

Have lots of thoughts on this however...

No

I wouldn't do it.
Would attempt to run any room off of the 1 phase if possible. Running 3 phases in an environment such as a work floor where employees are aware of the danger is one thing, what's to say any sticker gets removed. How will the flat residents be aware of the killer voltage in the room!

Hey, I'm still a newbie but it sounds dangerous...thoughts?

I dont think you would have a real problem, What harm could it cause to to flat residents anyway..
Just to be on the safe side, it might be an idea to just label the sockets up.

Feedback would kindly be appreciated....

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Different Phase in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock