Discuss Dimplex Plx150e installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I want to install a Dimplex 150e panel heater. The instruction manual states categorically that "Products that are supplied without a plug are for installation into the fixed wiring of the property, via a suitable double pole switched fused spur". As it is only 1.5kw I don't understand why I can't just use a 13amp plug. Can anyone tell me please?

A plug suggests a portable appliance.
this is fixed to the wall I presume(?) so not portable.

same thing with a gas boiler, could run off a plug, but everyone uses a switch fuse
Yes it is on the wall. I still don't see the logic of a switch fuse and It would be easier for me to use a plug, but if everyone uses a switch fuse I'd better do the same! Thanks

13amp plugs are basically for use on portable appliances
The heater if fixed won't be moved so can be wired direct to a DP spur
Thanks. So despite it being unconventional, as I already have a socket by the heater and I don't have a DP spur, presumably it's acceptable for me to use a plug (despite the manufacturer's instructions)?

Reply to Dimplex Plx150e installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've been asked to install a Dimplex qm150 storage heater for a customer. There is a suitable existing supply for the off peak element...
Replies
Views
I have taken delivery of an undersink water heater. It is fitted with an RCD on the electrical supply cable which terminates with a euro-plug. I...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a vending hot drinks machine 2.9kW that has a thermostatically controlled hot water tank permanently attached to a water supply...
Replies
Views
Looking at instructions for installation for Baumatic BHI300 it requires a 20A Double pole (3mm separation) switched fused spur, I quote pretty...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock