Discuss discharge higher than 3kw with ac coupled 3 phase in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi guys i'm trying to get my head round the following setup
growatt TL3 5kW 3 phase string inverter 14 panels @ 395W
Spa3000 TL ac coupled controller - unless there is a alternative mcs approved one available
growatt ark 4x2.5's with bms

will i be able to draw 3 5 or 8kw with this setup please and why?

i ve been told 3kW from batteries only
and say 5kW from the array
customer wants to draw the 5kw from the batts is there a way i can do this
is it also possible to get 5+3 during the day from the batt and pv making 8?

thanks

Your array is circa 5.5kw so in perfect conditions and taking into account all the loses, you may see 4.5-5kw at the inverter output. This will be balanced out across 3 phases.

10kw of batteries are rated for 100A @ 48V charge/discharge however this will be limited by the AC coupled inverter which have max output of 16A @ 230V and that is max what it will pull from batteries. If you want to pull full 100A (4.8kw) then you need inverter with bigger output.

So in a perfect conditions you can have around 4.5-5kw from the array and around 3.6kw from batteries.

Reply to discharge higher than 3kw with ac coupled 3 phase in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock