Discuss Diversity the dance group? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Revamping a Classroom for cookery,originally 9 cookers @ 10kw…adding 2 more total 11.
Existing TPN DB 100 amps.
Seems a bit overloadEd don’t you think…would you mention this to the Client..or just not install the extra cookers.
We have no design input on this one,like I said originally 9 cookers.

thinking cooker diversity, you should be OK> split as best you can between the 3 phases. or.... uprate the supply.

Just been through this, adding 2x 12kW 3-phase ovens, on a supply that already can be overloaded at times, certainly need to discuss with client. The client is considering upgrading the supply but the costs are somewhat high (DNO suggesting customer has to pay tens £k to upgrade DNO's network /transformer). In this case, in the meantime, client knows to avoid using some other high current equipment at the same time (yes, I know, this will get forgotten in time).

Reply to Diversity the dance group? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a 230 Volt single-phase circuit with a 100 Amp cutout fuse and a 100 Amp MCB switch, so the supply is rated at 23 kVA. Only about 13% of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My question relates to the omission of overcurrent protection (specifically overload and fault protection) at the origin of an...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
I have an older house that was built in stages back around 1960 as far as I can surmise. Highly suspect that the entire house was a DIY job. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Have been asked to provide some outside socket outlets in a retail setting for market traders / catering vans. The premises is an old...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock