Search the forum,

Discuss Diversity in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
how do, wondered if any one can help me to understand diversity, had this question on a revision paper, n wont get get chance to ask the tutor till next week

A domestic cooker rated at a maximum load of 60A is controlled by a ccu
which DOES NOT contain a 13A socket outlet.
After allowing for diversity, the design current for this circuit will be

A.25A
B.30A
C.45A
D.60A

The revision paper gives the answer as A, how do i get this answer?
have i got it right that we take away the First 10A and + 5A IF it has a socket and that there is 30% in the calculatiion somewhere?
what would the calculation be?

thanks for the help

Cookers : 10A + 30% balance + 5A for socket outlet

So 30% of 50A = 15A

Add on the 1st 10A = 25A

Reply to Diversity in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, My question relates to the omission of overcurrent protection (specifically overload and fault protection) at the origin of an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post so go easy! This is for people who are looking for more info on the course and exams and is from my experience of doing the...
Replies
Views
I've just spent an hour getting bogged down with the maths trying to work out diversity for 2 cooking appliances on the same circuit (32A MCB)...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
This isn't sitting right with me. So if I rock up at a house with a 60A suppliers fuse, it has a dear old Wylex with 1 RFC 30A (no diversity) 1...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock