Discuss Do other trades actually think ???????????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

option 1: move CU.
option 2: installl roller shutter door.
option 3 :customer is a numpty and deserves what he gets.

D23B445D-DBF3-4E03-83D9-C5252AE33464.jpeg
0B9D2FD5-41FE-436C-B20C-BFEBDBA012A2.jpeg
Today it was a stupid carpenter..

Normally mistakes happen, and things get obstructed by one trade or another, it's inevitable on some jobs, but being Human and caring we get over these things one way or another, you could blame the Electrician for putting the CU there, equally the Plumber is a complete Idiot for installing those pipes, looks like the art of consideration and communication are a dying art, terrible to carry on, the Plumber probably though well I need the money not my problem if the CU can't be opened, I have had this sort of thing happen on some of the jobs I used to work on, makes you want to take the culprit to one side and give hi a stiff talking too.

mind you, nobody is perfect

This is the 3rd CU inside the main house ..

3rd-cu-jpg.44920

Its all nice and neat ..........well sort of, but turning off the main switch doesn't isolate all the cables inside it ........ the installer has used this CU to terminate SWA from other circuits in the 2 other CU's to it.....................

Its now sporting a big label warning the next person who opens it

Hang on... That PSU is din mount, supposed to be in an enclosure. The primary power terminals are fully exposed :confused:

mind you, nobody is perfect

This is the 3rd CU inside the main house ..

3rd-cu-jpg.44920

Its all nice and neat ..........well sort of, but turning off the main switch doesn't isolate all the cables inside it ........ the installer has used this CU to terminate SWA from other circuits in the 2 other CU's to it.....................

Its now sporting a big label warning the next person who opens it

Hang on... That PSU is din mount, supposed to be in an enclosure. The primary power terminals are fully exposed :confused:

One installation had a split board with the main switch and breakers inside the cupboard neatly separated from the RCD and associated breakers by the cupboard side. No cover for the CCU.

The same installation had a long flexible cable from the CCU to a tree in the garden connecting to a metal garage unit supplying the garden lighting!

Reply to Do other trades actually think ???????????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net