Discuss Do you have to do 2382 17th edition? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TPES

I know the tittle might sound daft to some of you.

I'm asking because ive been told different things.

I've been told that if you do 2330 parts 1 & 2 then do your 3rd year 2330 part 3 that you still need to do the 2382 17th edition course.

But surely if you are at collage now then you will be taught the 17th regs within your 3 years... wouldnt you?

So if you apply to JIB for your gold sparkys card in a years time will they still ask for your 2382 even if you have done your 3 years at collage.

Will anyone and everyone now or in the future have to take the 2382 regardless of what other quals you have?

if you complete your 2330 level 2 & 3 you will still need your 17th mate

during the 2330 you will be taught certain things from the 17th which will help you along but you still need to gain the full cert.

hope that helps

Ok cheers mate. If your right then i know so many people who have got it wrong and have no intention of doing there 2382.. thinking that they can do there 3 years, then there quickstep and thats it...

well if you want to join a sceme like nic or napit then they insist on the 17th edition, if you are working for a company and want to be classed and payed as a fully qualified spark then most employers if not all would want youto have the 17th.

it is a good course and i learnt a lot when i did mine... so that can only be a good thing

that nvq isnt worth the paper its writen on

just my opinion of course lol

Its all a fu**ing con, you can do all the courses you like but you still have to do the 17th, customers and insurers think its the ulltimate quall, anyone could pass, its a joke, no test of experience, its a sham/scam. The whole trade is so confusing, becoming a biochemist is easier, I know, I was one!This trade is hard work, yes its the top trade but you have to know your stuff.

Reply to Do you have to do 2382 17th edition? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock