Discuss Do you think can be Electrical Layout diagrams automated? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Could you give me an opinion, if the automation of electrical plans can be possible?
Because in practice every machine or industrial process has so many options.

Here is a link, how should automation look like:

Thanks,
Gasper

I’ve animated electrical and process drawings, it’s a long and boring task.
some days i can't be arsed to animate myself. let alone some boring lines on paper. :(:(:(

Hi Gasper
Unfortunately, total automation of designing electrical projects is not possible. Only some of the procedures can be automated, and it is better that very time-consuming procedures will be automated (for example: schemes drawing, computation of specifications, electotechnical calculations etc.). Any design program is a compromise between manual design work and automation.
Of course, it is impossible to make a project in 10 seconds, as shown in the video above, but to make a simple street-lighting project in 10 minutes is a real wave:
I think it is the sample of the optimal ratio of automation and normal design in cases where automation is unjustified or impossible.

Hello Alex,

I think that in some cases electrical plans could be automated up to 90 % or even more. For example some companies, which have serial production of CNC machines or Transformator stations (single pol scheme). In these cases, I think the automation of the electrical plans would pay off.

And I also think that electricians in the future will not use electrical plans in paper form but these will be in digital form on computer tablets. These will be connected directly to the Electrical designer's software in offices. When the electrician will make a correction in the plan it will be informed directly to the Electrical designer. Then he will approve these corrections.

Today I lot of time is wasted, when electricians are waiting for new versions of the electrical plan.
I think these could be solutions.

Reply to Do you think can be Electrical Layout diagrams automated? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock