Discuss does this need a minor works cert in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
As above ,does any of the following work require a minor work cert,

changing MCB's, changing sockets, fitting CU blanks, filling CU holes with intumescent sealant (CU not to IP rating )

all noted during EICR's
some FI's which turn out to be loose wires in circuits

This is Scotland ,commercial premises, The Guidance from building control is vague to say the least

I would issue a minor works for changing an MCB... assuming it's a rating change just to demonstrate the circuit complies with the maximum Zs requirements of the device. For the loose wires, you could issue a minor works just to record the test results to demonstrate you've fixed it.

The rest... no, because you're not changing a circuit, but you could write a report which explains what you've done to resolve the noted issues.

I don't know anything about the specifics in Scotland, but I would apply what I've said here in Wales or in England and would expect it to be sufficient to demonstrate that the works have been carried out.

I agree.
A new MCB needs a MWC to record the fact that you've examined the circuit and are confirming that the conductor sizes are appropriate for the new device, the Zs is ok (as SparkyChick said) and the test results indicate you have reconnected something that is provably safe.
If the FI's for loose wires affected test results (which I presume they did to be detected in the first place) then I'd record those circuits too, so the next person has a set of readings for when you've finished (as opposed to when the EICR found the problems).

As above ,does any of the following work require a minor work cert,

changing MCB's, changing sockets, fitting CU blanks, filling CU holes with intumescent sealant (CU not to IP rating )

all noted during EICR's
some FI's which turn out to be loose wires in circuits

This is Scotland ,commercial premises, The Guidance from building control is vague to say the least
Yes

Yes, but just to cover the fact that the problems brought up in the EICR have been addressed.
There will be an area on the form for notes…

Reply to does this need a minor works cert in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock