Discuss Domestic installer to commercial installer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

stokielee

Trainee
Reaction score
I have done the 2365 level 2 and 8202 level 3. Just about to do my NVQ/AM2 and inspection and testing. I believe this classifies me as a domestic installer only ?

If so, is there any course etc I can do so I can do work on commercial 3 phase properties aswel?

if youget nvq and am2, that makes you eligible for a jib gold card. is 8202 the equivalent to 2365? if so, you're good to go.remember thstyouwill have to include 3phase work on your PL insurance.

Yes, there was no funding for the 2365 this year so the colleges put on the 8202 instead. Basically the same course but the end test is on paper which I think is better as you can't fluke a paper exam like you could an online multiple choice one.

That's good then. I didn't think I could do commercial work. I just need to get plenty of work experience first but that goes without saying really.

I have done the 2365 level 2 and 8202 level 3. Just about to do my NVQ/AM2 and inspection and testing. I believe this classifies me as a domestic installer only ?

If so, is there any course etc I can do so I can do work on commercial 3 phase properties aswel?
Anything is possible in this day and age Mate if you search hard enough.

you should know the basics from your courses. just a matter of experience in the different methods e.g. metal containment, conduit, etc.

you should know the basics from your courses. just a matter of experience in the different methods e.g. metal containment, conduit, etc.
Yeah already know the basics from the level 3 course. I just didn't know if I could actually install, maintain etc as I haven't done much in practice plus I thought I would only be classed as a domestic installer for some reason. There is that many courses nowadays(many of which are just money grabbing ones) it's hard to know what you actually get at the end of it. Then you've got the guys who say you are only an electrician if you do an apprenticeship.

your level 2 and level 3 are the core qualifications to become a graded electisian. nvq3 and am2 coulled with practical experience will get you a JIB gold card, graded accordingly.

your level 2 and level 3 are the core qualifications to become a graded electisian. nvq3 and am2 coulled with practical experience will get you a JIB gold card, graded accordingly.
That's exactly what my plan has been. Thank you for your help and confirming everything for me.

Reply to Domestic installer to commercial installer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net