Discuss Dual RCD Board Config in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SKY

What would be the best way to split these circuits on a dual RCD board for the convenience of the user under fault conditions.

1 80a RCD
1 63a RCD
Board has 10 usable ways.

Circuits are.

40a MCB - Shower
32a MCB - Downstairs Ring Final
32a MCB - Upstairs Ring Final
32a MCB - Kitchen Ring Final

16a MCB - Boiler Radial
16a MCB - Outside Socket (Radial)
6a MCB - Downstairs Lights
6a MCB - Upstairs Lights

Poor design plan there...#
Try to have Upstairs sockets on same rcd as downstairs lights and vice versa then if you loose an rcd and cant reset and say its got upstairs lights on it then because the socket are on the opposite rcd then you can plug a standing/table light in temp'
I dont agree with these boards personally as they dont take into account of the dangers of loosing heating in winter due to a fault elsewhere on the same rcd cover, (poor old lady dead through hypothermia)... i always use split boards with rcbo ways (heating, alarm, fridge/freezer).

Poor design plan there...#
Try to have Upstairs sockets on same rcd as downstairs lights and vice versa then if you loose an rcd and cant reset and say its got upstairs lights on it then because the socket are on the opposite rcd then you can plug a standing/table light in temp'
I dont agree with these boards personally as they dont take into account of the dangers of loosing heating in winter due to a fault elsewhere on the same rcd cover, (poor old lady dead through hypothermia)... i always use split boards with rcbo ways (heating, alarm, fridge/freezer).

I have not designed I'm just asking how would you configure these circuits.

i think i would do it like this but thats just my opinion, hope it helps

80a RCD
Shower
Down ring
out socket radial
up lights

63a RCD
Kitchen ring
up ring
Boiler radial
down lights

I have not designed I'm just asking how would you configure these circuits.
It wasn't an accusation please dont take it as, i was expressing the order of circuits would be a poor design plan, and expressed why i would order sockets and lighting different :)

As shown by sparky s w but with a reason why it would be better.

i think i would do it like this but thats just my opinion, hope it helps

80a RCD
Shower
Down ring
out socket radial
up lights

63a RCD
Kitchen ring
up ring
Boiler radial
down lights

I agree, try and keep downstairs sockets and kitchen on seperate RCD's and obviously seperate lighting and sockets from down to upstairs

Just do the best you can and don't overly worry about it. If in doubt provide emergency lighting every 3 feet and also fit battery-backed up stairlifts with GPS to take the homeowner directly from their bed to the CU in case of a thermo-nuclear environmental type holocaust situation.

forget that just put the customer in an induced comer, wrap them in bubble wrap, take em to a nuclear bunker, plug them into a virtual world system where all is well with the world, job done HSE happy

what too much.............

Reply to Dual RCD Board Config in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock