Discuss Dual supply isolator and EDF in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think you're right. If you don't there is still a link between the two systems with the switch in the off position, not good for DNO personnels health.

It'll be like this once I take the link out down the bottom.

switch.jpg

This is how I would do it. The back feed MCB as close to the CU as possible.
I don’t know how long the cable is to the PV unit. But it’s unprotected no matter what with your method.

Sorry to be a wet blanket. But even though I know little of PV systems, I do know about protection systems.

PVbackfeed_zps3718accb.jpg

This is how I would do it. The back feed MCB as close to the CU as possible.
I don’t know how long the cable is to the PV unit. But it’s unprotected no matter what with your method.

Sorry to be a wet blanket. But even though I know little of PV systems, I do know about protection systems.

Ok well, me too, I don't know much about PV either.. and I don't think I will installing the future PV system in this house either unless I spend a shed load of money and do the quals and pay more to elecsa. however I thought it best to provide the simplest solution for the pv bod. Buying a PV ready board was too much and over the top because the PV was best added later down the road. I saw a diagram in the wylex pv book, put the tails in to the loft and installed the switch. This is that diagram left side.

pv.jpg

Reply to Dual supply isolator and EDF in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Quick question. I want to put an isolating 2p switch on my incoming supply from the meter to the board. I want this to allow easier board changes...
Replies
Views
Hi we have been asked to run a 3 phase supply into a boiler house to feed a DB fed from next to the existing meter. Would we need to install Tails...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
If there isn't a 2-pole isolator there already, I usually get the client to arrange to get one fitted before I do a board change, either through...
Replies
Views
I have taken delivery of an undersink water heater. It is fitted with an RCD on the electrical supply cable which terminates with a euro-plug. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock