• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss dundee 2 way? anyone help!? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

The apprentice

EF Member
hi there can anyone show me a dundee 2 way journeymin was showing me today bits and bobs of it bit i would like to get the full understanding of it as he he was showing me quickly thanks

Rpa07

4000 posts - only 54195 behind Telectrix!
Electrician's Arms
is this crocodile Dundee you are asking ?;)
He’s not a relative of yours is he Buzz?
Do we have journeymen here? I think not! or is it a Scottish thing?

Charlie_

Electrician's Arms
I watched that film last night..
No mention of any 2 way switches but he did have a big knife

• Haha
Reactions: DPG

The apprentice

EF Member
thats what they call it a dundee 2 way iam from fife scotland dundee is up the road its haha its a 2 way but a very difrent way of doing it

westward10

In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream.
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Journeyman is an old term for a tradesman who is past the apprentice stage but has not achieved craft status, could well be a US term. No idea what a Dundee 2 is.

Rpa07

4000 posts - only 54195 behind Telectrix!
Electrician's Arms
Someone will be along soon to help you out - they’re probably still eating tea.
In the meantime, brush up on your punctuation and spelling, it really does help the answering of the question.
All the best Apprentice.

Reactions: DPG

littlespark

Electrician's Arms
Dundee 2?..... Dundee have never scored 2.

I worked in Dundee for a bit.... One piece of advice; always have two sparks on a job. One to do the work, the other to keep the van moving.
Sit parked for too long in Fintry and some bugger will have the wheels off.

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
I worked in liverpool for a bit.... One piece of advice; always have two sparks on a job. One to do the work, the other to keep the van moving.
Sit parked for too long in and some bugger will have the wheels off.
LOL.:)

westward10

In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream.
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Are you referring to two way switching for lighting.

Taylortwocities

Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Don't tell me there's electricity in Dundee now. Blimey, that's progress. They'll be wanting independence next......

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.