Search the forum,

Discuss Earth cables in light pendant in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

diddicoy

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all, recently changed a metal light fitting back to a pendant all went well with the help of others on here but I have a question that has been niggling me.
All the earths were twisted together then sleeved in earth sheathing is this ok or do they need separating and sleeving individually . Thanks to all.

Its not a method that I like to use, I would normally take each earth separately sleeved to the earth terminal.
however if i was replacing a fitting and that is how the old one was connected, i would not change it unless the cables were too short.

It’s good practice to sleeve them individually, but there was a time when they were all just twisted together and sleeved over in one.

It’s gets difficult when next electrician comes along and needs to separate the earths for testing purposes. Likely to snap if twisted tight.

Its not a method that I like to use, I would normally take each earth separately sleeved to the earth terminal.
however if i was replacing a fitting and that is how the old one was connected, i would not change it unless the cables were too short.
Thanks for the reply. The cables were indeed that way when I found then so naturally put them straight into the earth terminal. Thanks again

Reply to Earth cables in light pendant in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, DIY'er here looking for a bit of advice so please go easy on me. In my dining room there is an existing single pendant and i would like...
Replies
Views
Hi, asking for a friend in Australia. She wants to install two Pendant lights over a kitchen island and four downlights all on the same switch...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been planning to fit an outdoor junction box at the front of my house to hide a large brickwork hole and properly house the wiring...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really hope someone will be able to help. So last night I tried to change 2 ceiling rose / pendant lights at my mother in laws...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock