Discuss Earth Fault Loop Impedance... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think their preparing the ground for combined AFDDs and RCBOs where there is a need to switch off the neutral, also 536.3.1 mentions RCDs needing to be switched for all live conductors.

Wonder why that is ?.
There is no requirement to switch/disconnect the neutral during over current conditions for a TT or TN arrangement except for certain requirements in part 7
I know, maybe you should ask Schneider.

I think their preparing the ground for combined AFDDs and RCBOs where there is a need to switch off the neutral, also 536.3.1 mentions RCDs needing to be switched for all live conductors.
No such regulation exists in bs7671 536.3.1 I mean

Last edited:
I miss typed it should be 531.3.1got over excited being on the forum!
That’s for IT earthing arrangements.

Except where 531.3.1.201 applies.
For protection against electric shock there is no requirement to disconnect/switch the neutral in TT or TN systems
It would mean that all single pole rcbos are non compliant even on TN arrangements.

Also 531.2.2.201

Last edited:

Reply to Earth Fault Loop Impedance... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I’m doing my level 3 design project at the moment, and I’m on the question where you do all the calculations on each circuit, I’ve taken the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm new to Amtech/Trimble and I've been asked to review a model. I'm looking at circuits that are SWA cables using the armour and an...
Replies
Views
Can someone explain this to me? The regs book calls Zs 'Earth Fault Loop Impedence' and the On-Site Guide calls Ze 'Earth Fault Loop Impedence'.
Replies
Views
Two related questions in 1, if anyone is up for helping! (i) When electricians install supplies, is there anything in the regs that says how many...
Replies
Views
Hi guys was having a conversation as a apprentice I’m still not sure and was wondering why earth fault loop impedance is important if you’ve...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock