Discuss earthing system question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ross1

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I`ve just done some minor works in a property. Thing is I cant work out what earthing system the property is.

The 16mm earth disappears though a party wall with the incoming supply conductors.

There is no earth rod or overhead lines I can see. The property is at least 50 years old.

Anybody come across this before?

Cheers

measure the pfc L-N and L-E. if they are the same, chances are it's pme.

If you can get access to next door you may find where the tails split out from the service head. The next street to me was done like that, one service cable to every pair of houses, tails looped through to next door with fuses in each property.

Reply to earthing system question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Went to a house to extend a circuit and upon doing the minor works I couldn't figure the earthing system. There was no DNO cutout and L and N came...
Replies
Views
My mate has family in Southern Ireland and he has been over there a couple of times this year helping them renovate a property. He has been...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I own a country Villa out in the Spain countryside. Was having problems with water pressure so local tradesmen advised to get a water...
Replies
Views
Shop with no earth coming from head, overhead lines in sight everywhere - definitely no earth from the DNO. Two 10mm earths going into the DB...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would like some advice on the below. Context: Rural French domestic installation TT system Earth rod is situated inside the property...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock