Discuss Earthing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Darius-parky

It is great previllage to online at the same time as the Master.

Hi Shakey, we know there is so much importance given to earthing in this country. What about the countries which have two pin plugs and sockets. Are they not connected to earth? If not why not? If yes then why do they have only two pins?

Ta very much?

It is great previllage to online at the same time as the Master.

Hi Shakey, we know there is so much importance given to earthing in this country. What about the countries which have two pin plugs and sockets. Are they not connected to earth? If not why not? If yes then why do they have only two pins?

Ta very much?

the schuko plugs used in germany, for example, have a 'scraping' earth

if you held the plug with pins facing you, you would see a metal bit top and bottom on the plug, which makes the earth connection when the plug is inserted into the socket;)

oh, and i aint the master, according to some on this site, me (and people like me) are not even proper electricians and either should not be allowed to work, or should not be allowed to buy the things we need to work with:mad:

The other day when I mentioned to couple of the younger "qualified electrician" how educational this site is and they can have fun at the same time. I mentioned for instance how interesting the discussion about 30KVA Generator was. I was told "why do I waste my time reading about the things I don't know any thing about".

Thanks for the answer any way

The other day when I mentioned to couple of the younger "qualified electrician" how educational this site is and they can have fun at the same time. I mentioned for instance how interesting the discussion about 30KVA Generator was. I was told "why do I waste my time reading about the things I don't know any thing about".

Thanks for the answer any way

hey its always good to learn, you never know when the knowledge will come in handy;)

no problems with the answer:)

the schuko plugs used in germany, for example, have a 'scraping' earth

if you held the plug with pins facing you, you would see a metal bit top and bottom on the plug, which makes the earth connection when the plug is inserted into the socket;)

oh, and i aint the master, according to some on this site, me (and people like me) are not even proper electricians and either should not be allowed to work, or should not be allowed to buy the things we need to work with:mad:
'In questions of science, the authority of a thousand
is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual!'
- Galileo Galilei -

bane always spoils the fun reading the posts, but makes me chuckle, i'd be reading sumit interesting, not really takin notice of whos sed wat till I get halfway or sumit, I then read sumit daft :) n look to the side and see its bane, hehe

*Takes a bow*

"I have returned, albeit briefly..."

*Throws hankies to stifle the tears and sniffles*

"...In my absence, I have instructed Shakey to answer any and all of your queries. It pains me, not being able to offer my extensive experience and knowledge to you all but, I'm afraid I have been very busy of late"

On a serious note though, nice to see the site is getting more and more people and more and more vocal!!!

Can only be a good thing!!! And don't worry. I PROMISE I'll keep spamming the threads.

(;) Just for you Luke)

*Takes a bow*

"I have returned, albeit briefly..."

*Throws hankies to stifle the tears and sniffles*

"...In my absence, I have instructed Shakey to answer any and all of your queries. It pains me, not being able to offer my extensive experience and knowledge to you all but, I'm afraid I have been very busy of late"

On a serious note though, nice to see the site is getting more and more people and more and more vocal!!!

Can only be a good thing!!! And don't worry. I PROMISE I'll keep spamming the threads.

(;) Just for you Luke)

its getting embarressing:eek:

you lot ask a question

i run off to Bane and the get the answer

rush back here and pass Bane's gift off as my own

but we have to face the truth

Bane OWNS me:p

i would be nowt without him

NOWT:D

Reply to Earthing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net